Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Labour and Birth
  5. IS ANYONE EXPERIENCING PRESSURE AND PELVIC PAIN ??

IS ANYONE EXPERIENCING PRESSURE AND PELVIC PAIN ?? Rss

HEY EVERYONE,

JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE ELSE IS EXPERIENCING ALOT OF PRESSURE AND PELVIC PAIN, SOMETIME IT FEELS LIKE SHE IS PULLING MY PELVIC MUSCLES OUT AND TRYING TO ESCAPE. I'M ALSO GETTING A SHARP STABBING PAIN LIKE SHE IS CUTTING HERSELF A HOLE TO GET OUT, IT SOUNDS WIERD BUT IT CAN BE KIND OF PAINFUL AT TIMES, I'M JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE ELSE IS EXPERIENCING THEM TOO ????

AND CONGRADS TO ALL THE NEW MUMS TOO BE !!!
GOOD LUCK

Lilly Rose - 2 years old, she will soon be a big s

How far along are you? and to answere your question yes i have been having the same thing never had t with my first and i don't know what it is. I was reading your post and it was like i had written it.

Rylee 2 big brother to Tyler mummy angel boys

Oh heck yes! And the more pregnancies you have, or if they are close together, the more likely you are to have the pain.
I at times have to hold onto furnature just so that I can walk because of the pelvic pain. And the pressure between my legs... pressure!

My OB told me its bc my bubs are close together and its the hormones acting on my muscles loosening them (which didnt work as I have had 2 c-sections). At times a brace can help. It didnt wiht me though.

I also got the stabbing abdo pain up my left side. So bad that it has woken me screaming. This is something that you should talk to your dr about if it happens (as with any pain!) but mine was basically the muscles stretching. I mainly got that 8-20 weeks.

All the best with your pregnancy, birth and parenthood.

3 under 3- 15 month gaps. Busy but loving it eìí?

Hey first timer

I had similar pains with my daughter also and when I asked my midwife she explained it to me in a way i could understand.

She told me that all the different chemicals etc in your body when pregnant causes your ligaments etc to become extremely loose. To your brain it feels like you have actually injured your ligaments so hence the sharp pains that can really stop you in your tracks.

As for pressure and the feeling of your pelvis being stretched depending on how far you are that's exactly whats happening. Bubby is pushing into the birth canal to make it soft and your hips are widening to help it fit through. Very uncomfortable I feel for you, i remember what it was like.

I hope yours pains go away, mine did after a few days, its just one of those things though that can come back anytime. Best of luck with bubby and

Sam,NSW,Elise 7/9/05

Sign in to follow this topic