Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Labour and Birth
  5. What to pack for the hospital for buby

What to pack for the hospital for buby Lock Rss

Hi, I think that i have packed too much stuff for the baby, and need some direction. I will be having a c-section so I will be staying in 5 night/ 6 days. Any suggestions?

3 under 3- 15 month gaps. Busy but loving it eìí?

Hi,

I only expected to stay 2 or so nights and also ended up in hospital for 5 nights/6 days. I don't think you can have too much really. We had a fair few suits including the one for straight after bubs was born. Hand mittens, some hats, a few blankies and wraps, singlets...come to think of it hard to remember now. At one stage though we had to wrap bubs up heaps because her body temperature was down low so it helped we had a few layers with us.

Just remember your partner or family can always take home what is not needed or bring more if it is needed...

Good Luck - its all so exciting smile

it may be a good idea to ask your hospital if they supply clothing whilst you are there. my hospital told me to pack all this stuff and then when I got there bubby was able to wear hospital nighties etc until she went home. i took heaps of clothes for no reason.

If this isn't the case then I agree, just take the necessities as you get sooo much stuff whilst you are there as well as your partner being able to grab you some other stuff, so you won't go short in a hurry.

best of luck

Sam,NSW,Elise 7/9/05

i had an emergency caesarean....i hadn't planned on staying in long.....so wen i was told id have to stay 5 nights.....i woz outa there by day 3 ! haha.
i took a speical outfit to take bubby home in and some mittens, nappies and socks. the hospital ended up providing everyting from nappies, to sheets and blankies to beanies !
i took in a lot of cloths for me !! 3 or 4 pairs of pj's, at least 10 pairs of undies and a few bra's......let me say buy sum bigger bra's as wen ur milk comes in u'll be in hospital and won't be able to get to the shops...........i totally forgot about this.....and wen my milk came in i had no bra's to fit......and i was in extreme agony and had no support ( bra support that is !)

Danni, WA,

Sign in to follow this topic