Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Labour and Birth
  5. has anyone used castor oil to induce labour

has anyone used castor oil to induce labour Rss

im thinking of trying castor oil to bring on labour.

<a href=

I tried it, it only brought on the runs lol mix it with orange juice as its foul

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

I tried it with orange juice when i was 2 days overdue, it was absolutely disgusting mad e me feel so sick and did nothing. Didnt have ds for another 3 days.
I tried it when I was 4 days over with DD#1, gave me the runs then followed with false contractions so I spent a night in hospital thinking I was going to get a baby but NOPE!!! I still went another week after it too.

Be prepared to spend hours on the loo and it makes you feel yuck!

Goodluck with it all smile

I was warned by my midwife not to do this as it can be dangerous.

It can bring on labour to fast causing distress to the baby

I was 3 days overdue with my last and went for strech an sweep opition instead done that twice and went into labour the night of the 2nd go

I did try it, im unsure if it was the castor oil or not but i went into labour within 24 hrs. No runs but vomited once.

I wouldnt recommended it however. I know im not going to be trying it again smile
I took it with my last bubs as when I went in to be induced with the previous DD, the midwife said I should have tried castor oil! So after being induced with DD1 and hating the experience, I was willing to try anything to avoid being induced again.
I didn't take it until I was a week overdue and I was fairly cautious with the dose. I told my Dr what I was doing and he was fine with it. The Pharmacist recomended a dose, which was what I had already decided on anyway.
It wasn't disgusting, mixed with juice, I barely noticed it. I took 2 seperate doses,2 days apart.
It did intensify the contractions I'd already been having but bubs stayed put. Even with 3 stretch and sweeps!
So I was induced at 12 days over, though I was in early stages of labour when I finally gave in. And I chose a different method of induction.

Michelle- 3 boys-17,13 & 9 -2 girls-3 & 1

I was also told castor oil is bad!

I inserted Evening Primrose oil up my privates with my last 2 bubs and i had them both within 2 days of doing that.

I never use castor oil, i prefer Evening Primrose oil. If you confirmed that you are pregnant, you may consume this supplement on your week 34 to assist you with child birth and labor.
my mid wife has warned me NOT to have caster oil....it can cause the baby to go into distress esspecially if bub isn't ready to come out!!!

how far are you?

my mid wife has warned me NOT to have caster oil....it can cause the baby to go into distress esspecially if bub isn't ready to come out!!!

how far are you?

I think the bub is now a toddler since the topic was started in june 2009.
lol.

I think the bub is now a toddler since the topic was started in june 2009.
lol.

then she should REALLY see a doctor tongue haha

i hate how old topic's appear for no reason!!! i dont read the dates sad

Sign in to follow this topic