Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

planed c section Lock Rss

My doc has givin me the choice of having a natural or c section for my second child, i had an emergency c section with my firs just over 4 years ago. Am i just being silly but is it really that big of a thing to worry about? as what the doc gave me to read can really scare you, maby its because the first time round i had not been given any info.
Any one here had a planned one? for number 2

Kaleb almost 7, and Zayne 3. and 4 weeks with numb

nah but i had a c-section with my 1st.its a hard decision.i guess u have to look at y u had 1 last time.
I had an emergency c/s with my first baby, and will have an elective c/s with this baby. I was induced 2 weeks early because my son would have been well over 10 pounds if he went to full term. I'm only a small person so I would have had a bit of difficulty with a baby that size. The baby ended up getting stuck thus the c/s. I didn't get a chance to read all of the paperwork properly because after gas, pethidine, two failed epidurals, a spinal block and 37 hours of labour I was pretty out to it. I would definately do it again though. I wouldn't want to plan for a natural labour knowing that I would probably end up needing another c/s anyway.

I'm not gonna be much help to you for the moment as i haven't even given birth to #1 yet (that's coming soon).

I chose, before i was even pregnant, that i would have a C Section, i guess it is also a personal decision as to whether you want to go ahead & try to go through labour or just to have it done quick & easy.

My decision wasn't for quick & easy but due to a busted back & pelvis but having said that, maybe you would like a labour free birth, since i was told C babies come early. My due date is June 15th but she'll be out on the 6th.

I also considered the fact that i was an average sized baby (8lb 9oz) but i apparently got stuck on the way out & had to be cut out - i didn't want to risk that happening to me.

I dunno what else to say but just go with whatever you feel most comfortable with & what will keep both you & bub the least stressed!

Kel, SA, Mum to Lillian Rose - 06/06/06

Sign in to follow this topic