Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Bit of a Survey.. Lock Rss

Hey girls

Am interested in different peoples experiences when it comes to pregnancy and childbirth as many of us on here are, and I thought a little survey could be interesting smile
Would love for you to fill it in if you're comfortable with it!

1. First or consecutive bub?
2. Did you do anything leading up to the birth to prepare yourself better, ie. raspberry leaf tea, squats, yoga etc?
3. Did you go in to labour naturally or were you induced?
4. If it were spontaneous, was there anything you did to naturally induce labour (ie. sex, curry, EP, accupuncture etc)?
5. Was it a vaginal birth or ceaser? If ceaser, why? (ie. failure to progress, small pelvis, posterior)?
6. How long was the labour?
7. Any pain relief?
8. Did you have any cuts/tears/stitches or similar?
9. Any after birth complications?
10. Best advice on dealing with labour?
11. If you've had more than one bub, were second/consec labours shorter/easier?
12. How big was bub born?
13. Gender of bub?
14. If you could do it all again, would you change anything?
15. How long after the birth did you feel back to (almost!) normal?

If you want to ad anything else, please feel free. Think this will be interesting!
Thanks in advance if you feel up to answering, and feel free to leave anything else you find too personal.

Cheers ladies smile

Will get the ball rolling smile

1. First or consecutive bub? First

2. Did you do anything leading up to the birth to prepare yourself better, ie. raspberry leaf tea, squats, yoga etc?
No, left it to the gods!

3. Did you go in to labour naturally or were you induced? Natural labour

4. If it were spontaneous, was there anything you did to naturally induce labour (ie. sex, curry, EP, accupuncture etc)?
Sex which Obs said helped soften cervix, then a s&s at 40w4d which got things moving!

5. Was it a vaginal birth or ceaser? If ceaser, why? (ie. failure to progress, small pelvis, posterior)?
Vaginal

6. How long was the labour? 19 hours, posterior miss who was turned with forceps

7. Any pain relief? Gas and epidural at the end, which paid off as forceps were used!!

8. Did you have any cuts/tears/stitches or similar? Cut for forceps, then stitches

9. Any after birth complications? None, very lucky!

10. Best advice on dealing with labour? Try to stay as positive as possible. It's a positive pain and each contraction is one closer to meeting bubba smile

Fingers crossed shorter and easier!

12. How big was bub born? 3.4kg

13. Gender of bub? Girl

That she wasn't posterior!

15. How long after the birth did you feel back to (almost!) normal? About 6-7 weeks

2. Did you do anything leading up to the birth to prepare yourself better, ie. raspberry leaf tea, squats, yoga etc? No

3. Did you go in to labour naturally or were you induced? Started but needed waters broken

4. If it were spontaneous, was there anything you did to naturally induce labour (ie. sex, curry, EP, accupuncture etc)? No

5. Was it a vaginal birth or ceaser? If ceaser, why? (ie. failure to progress, small pelvis, posterior)? C/Sect- Failure to progress

6. How long was the labour? 35 hours

7. Any pain relief? Gas, Epi

8. Did you have any cuts/tears/stitches or similar? C/sect

9. Any after birth complications? No
10. Best advice on dealing with labour? Ask for midwives advice
11. If you've had more than one bub, were second/consec labours shorter/easier? Hopefully better!

12. How big was bub born?4.1kgs

13. Gender of bub? Girl

14. If you could do it all again, would you change anything? I wish I had been more active during labour, but am not sure if I really could have.

15. How long after the birth did you feel back to (almost!) normal? Body- 6 weeks, Mind- Still abnormal smile
yup i'll be next!

1.First
2.pelvic floor exercises, walked and rested
3.induced at 38 weeks
4.N/A
5.Vaginal birth
6.about 5 1/2 hours
7.yes everything it think lol
8.2nd degree tear and stitches
9.a slight bleed but midwife found the sorce quite quicklyand fixed it
10.Try to do it naturally but if its too sore only used gas if you don't mind not being able to tell what the hells going on and what your doing (its like being stoned) and don't be scared to have an epidural it was great for me (I was falling asleep a little) but don't get it too early or it'll wear off
11.N/A
12.8 pounds 3 ounces
13.Male
14.If i needed to be induced again I wouldn't dear touch the gas it was horrible. next time I would like to try having a water birth now that I know what labour and giving birth really feels like and i'ld try to do it with no pain killers have heard waters aren't as bad pain wise though.
15.apart from the odd sting from the stitches and bleeding it would have been about 2 days later that I felt my normal self and was up doing lots of things. ( you forget about the pain of the birth quite quickly most of the time and it almost wakes you wonder if it all realy happened lol, it's great)

Hi,

1. First or consecutive bub? Second

2. Did you do anything leading up to the birth to prepare yourself better, ie. raspberry leaf tea, squats, yoga etc? Nothing at all, just tried to eat a little better.
3. Did you go in to labour naturally or were you induced? Naturally
4. If it were spontaneous, was there anything you did to naturally induce labour (ie. sex, curry, EP, accupuncture etc)? Walking and sex, but could have just been a co-incidence

5. Was it a vaginal birth or ceaser? If ceaser, why? (ie. failure to progress, small pelvis, posterior)? Virginal
6. How long was the labour? 33 and a half hours
7. Any pain relief? Gas but I wouldn't call that relief after having it.
8. Did you have any cuts/tears/stitches or similar? Cuts, tears and stitches, Forceps delivery.
9. Any after birth complications? No

10. Best advice on dealing with labour? Have an idea of what you would like but just take it as it comes, I think its hard to fully prepare for the 'unknown'
Hopefully this one will be shorter
12. How big was bub born? 3.66kg
13. Gender of bub? Girl
14. If you could do it all again, would you change anything? As hard as it was, not a single thing.
15. How long after the birth did you feel back to (almost!) normal? Almost straight away, minus the sleep deprivation but I think that is expected.

this is my first
yeah i done raspberry leaf tea and EPO
naturally but didnt progress so had drug to bring on cotractions
nah just the stuff i said befor
vaginal
12 hours
7. Any pain relief?
gas and epi
cut cos of the forcepts
had a big bleed after but nothin to bad
just be prepared for things to happen that you didnt plan
lets hope easier
7 pound
13. Gender of bub?
male
no i wouldnt
well we are almost at 5 months and still dont feel 100%

[Edited on 24/07/2009]

Hi everyone,
Second baby due tomorrow, so it will be interesting to see the difference between labours:)

None
Induced
4. If it were spontaneous, was there anything you did to naturally induce labour (ie. sex, curry, EP, accupuncture etc)? tried nearly everything - nothing was getting her out:)

vaginal
6. How long was the labour? about 12 hours

7. Any pain relief? Tried gas - made me sick then epi - so good
8. Did you have any cuts/tears/stitches or similar? stiches

9. Any after birth complications? no

10. Best advice on dealing with labour? go with the flow and be openminded to anything - trust that the doctors/midwifes know what they are talking about

Let's hope shorter and easier

12. How big was bub born? 3.5 kg
13. Gender of bub? Girl

14. If you could do it all again, would you change anything? Back labout was painful and I would like to go into labout naturally this time but we'll see - good experience overall.

15. How long after the birth did you feel back to (almost!) normal? stitches took a while to heal - about 3 weeks till I could walk without pain

Good luck to everyone with their pregnancys.

Hi everyone,
Second baby due tomorrow, so it will be interesting to see the difference between labours:)

None
Induced
4. If it were spontaneous, was there anything you did to naturally induce labour (ie. sex, curry, EP, accupuncture etc)? tried nearly everything - nothing was getting her out:)

vaginal
6. How long was the labour? about 12 hours

7. Any pain relief? Tried gas - made me sick then epi - so good
8. Did you have any cuts/tears/stitches or similar? stiches

9. Any after birth complications? no

10. Best advice on dealing with labour? go with the flow and be openminded to anything - trust that the doctors/midwifes know what they are talking about

Let's hope shorter and easier

12. How big was bub born? 3.5 kg
13. Gender of bub? Girl

14. If you could do it all again, would you change anything? Back labout was painful and I would like to go into labout naturally this time but we'll see - good experience overall.

15. How long after the birth did you feel back to (almost!) normal? stitches took a while to heal - about 3 weeks till I could walk without pain

Good luck to everyone with their pregnancys.

1. First or consecutive bub? first

2. Did you do anything leading up to the birth to prepare yourself better. no

3. Did you go in to labour naturally or were you induced? incuced

4. If it were spontaneous, was there anything you did to naturally induce labour? i tried nipple stimulation, walking, sex but nothing worked

5. Was it a vaginal birth or ceaser? vaginal

6. How long was the labour? 5.5 hrs

7. Any pain relief? no

8. Did you have any cuts/tears/stitches or similar? stitches not many though

9. Any after birth complications? noah developed jaundice

10. Best advice on dealing with labour? trust ur body and move around. after they broke my waters i stayed in the bed but i got out after about an hous and instantly the pain lessoned.

11. If you've had more than one bub, were second/consec labours shorter/easier? n/a but i hope so

12. How big was bub born? 9lb 3

13. Gender of bub? boy

14. If you could do it all again, would you change anything? i wouldnt want to be induced. i was very sick and they induced me at 39 + 4 next time if im sick again i will stick it out till bub comes naturally. it was very intense from the start and i didnt get to build up to the transition.

15. How long after the birth did you feel back to (almost!) normal? straight away lol, i felt great after i had him but it took 8 weeks before everything was completly healed and i stopped bleeding

First born 28/08/07.

NO (but having learn't my lesson i'm preparing this time lol)

Induced at 40+4day with PE

Luckly was a vaginal I had a very good dr could have gone the other way had i had anybody different as I had both a posterior bub and failure to fully dialate.

the induction took over 4 days with contractions and dialtion throuout. but labour (timed from when syntocin drip was inserted was 10hrs 40 min.)

7. Any pain relief?
gas & 1 shot of peth

yep quite a few stiches to repair a tear which lucky for me was upwards rather than down smile.

nope.

go with your body. remember to relax and not tense up this was one of my mistakes.

hoping this one is lol
7.1 (3kg)
13. Gender of bub?
male (jack tomas)
yep have been studing my birthskills book hoping to be able to relax my body more I would also like to go sponatously this time.

15. How long after the birth did you feel back to (almost!) normal? after a 3 hr sleep. (stiches and bruising aside)

1. First or consecutive bub? second bub

this time round i walked on the treadmill everyday i ate well, drank nearly only water and lots of it. the last trimester i drank raspberry leaf tea

naturally but i did have two stretch and sweeps as labour was starting and stopping

i tried everything , sex, pineapple, raspberry tea, squats, nipple stimulation. everything besides castor oil an nothing worked

i had a prosteria labour the pain was out of this world but i delivered vaginal

6. How long was the labour
?i have long drawn out pre-labour my first was 3 days. but from about 3pm i started timing got really bad went in an everythin stopped AGAIN lol so after a cry and another stretch and sweep i went hm an was back at hossy by 9pm and had my daughter at 12.57 (*mothers day:))

7. Any pain relief? nope. i had gas and peth with my son but nothing second time and it was so much better, painful but better lol

no nothin both times

no i left hossy that morning

dont go in with any expectations, take it as it comes and deal with each contraction at a time

second hurt alot more it went through my back and my bum but i knew i could do it and i coped better i had a great support person second time who helped me get through and all in all it was a great experience i felt so in control. my first i thought i was dying and i was completely out of all control

12. How big was bub born? 6pd 9

13. Gender of bub? female

nope

i felt amazingly good within the first few hours, i did have after pains the second time but i left hossy by lunch the same day , i could even tighten my pelvic floor, which i couldnt do after my first. def do your pelvic floor exercises. look after and nourish your body and you will cope better. also be prepared for anything. i felt like superwoman after giving birth . best feeling ever such a high

My first bub

In the beginning of my pregnancy I practised yoga and swimming....towards the end of my pregnancy i drunk lots of raspberry leaf tea.

I went into labour naturally, 2 days before my due date

Sex during the day and a big long walk on the beach in the afternoon

Vaginal birth

4 Hours from first contraction to delivering my baby

7. Any pain relief?

Nope..I had a completely natural birth. I had an assisted homebirth, and therefore there was no option of drugs although i don't believe I would have used them anyway given the option

Yes, I had a very deep tear in my right labia (unsure of spelling)..it was quite deep (my midwife has never seen a tear so deep and in such a weird location) i required 8 stitches and 1 other stitch on smaller tear on left side

no, none at all smile

Go into your own world..concentrate and take everything as it comes..

N/A

8 pound 5 ounces

13. Gender of bub?

beautiful baby boy

No way

Straight after the birth I had heaps of energy and felt great..but after 24 hrs i was feeling very run down..it's been 4 weeks since the birth of my son and the area where my stitches were are still quite sore...however in most other aspects, i'm nearly back to normal..i have dropped back to my original body weight of 58kg, but obviously your body never goes back to how it was prior to pregnancy and labour

My beautiful baby boy was born 24 June

Sign in to follow this topic