Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

psoriasis????? Lock Rss

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has psoriasis and how it is going with your pregnancy?
I have had it for the last 5 years and found it to be clearing up (well not as bad). But have been told that it comes back twice as bad when the baby is born?
I keep using my steriod creams but dont need to use as much but my doctor said that there will be no harm to the baby!
It is hard enough being pregnant let alone have this skin conditon as well
Sarah

Sarah, NSW , EDD 18th may

Hi how are you i've had it for around 10 years and nothing could ever get rid of it as soon as i fell prgnant i noticed it clearing and it had gone by about 6months preg probably (cant remember definatly) my DD is almost 16months and it has never come back. I had it real bad all over my torso etc and since had her only had tiny spot here and there barely anything i'm so happy its finally gone for now. Good luck

[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/0;1;51

Hi there!
My bub is now 4mnths old and my psoriasis has been awful since i had her. I found it was manageable during pregnancy, (just looked like my skin was a little dry) but since having bub it has been really bad from my neck up. My only recommendation would be to go to the doc and maybe get some advice before your baby arrives as you sure won't get time when he/she does!!! lol! Believe me, once you see your beautiful baby, everything else seems less significant so try not to worry too much hun.

taffy

Hi Sarah,

My skin has been great since giving birth. Might be due to a total shift in things away from 'me' but its been a godsend! I find that I'm not using my steroid cream at all now (although did during preg and doc also said it would be fine). I've suffered all my life and was worried my baby would also suffer, but she has great skin. Yay!

Mandy, and baby Ava May (born 02.03.06), Adelaide

Sign in to follow this topic