Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Mother Carer Rss

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all well.

Just wondering if anyone has heard of or used a mother carer type programme on their departure from hospital after having their baby.

The hospital that I am going to have my baby in offers this service if you leave hospital after 1 or 2 days. It involves having a lady come to your house for 6 days from around 9 in the morning until 3 or 4 in the afternoon to help with bubby or housework, shopping, filling out forms, looking after or taking out any other littlies you might have, making coffees for visitors, pretty much anything you would like them to do, within reason of course. (Some dads that were at the antenatal class when we were told about the service asked whether the mother carers washed cars, mowed lawns, cleaned out gutters etc!!! Typical hey??)

Anyway, I'm sort of in two minds about it as I'm a bit funny about other people doing things around my house. Although my partner says it would be a good time for me to start accepting help!!! But I also like the idea of being home with my family.

If anyone else has used this type of service before I'd really love to know what they thought of it.

Thanks

Take care all 0:)

Kylie, SA, Mum of Tiahna 9yo and Liam 23.06.06

I think it sounds like a great idea! I had an emergency c/s and stayed with my mother for a week after the birth so she could give me a hand. It drove me bananas. This service would have definately been a god send to me....its always nice to be in your own home and have a bit of help. I would definately accept this help, especially if you end up having a c/s....

Good Luck!

Hi,

I agree this sounds great! I would definately be interested if it were offered to me! Is it a free service?
I agree with your partner, take the help, it might make the world of difference in that first week!

Amy & daughters Jada 10/07/06, Alana 07/04/08

Sign in to follow this topic