Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Labour and Birth
  5. Modesty During and After giving Birth - May Contain Adult Themes!

Modesty During and After giving Birth - May Contain Adult Themes! Rss

Hey Girlies,

Just thought I would start a thread about the disgusting things that happen during birth and after. Just to hopefully prepare the new mums.

The most demeaning thing that happened to me was after the birth. I had a 2nd degree tear, so had to have stitches checks each day. So I thought I would let the new mums to be know how this is done. Well how it was for me.

Nurse comes in tells you it stitches check time. Basically you roll on your side, the nurse pulls your knickers and pad to the side, and open everything up from front to back to have a gawk!

Not nice, but at least now you are prepared if necessary. I had no idea and never had really thought about it, and was horrifed each and everytime I needed them.

Sorry if it is TMI, but I honestly thought pooping while giving birth would be the most embarressing thing that could happen. Boy was I wrong!
Just to add to your story, I had a 3rd degree tear and had to perform butt hole clenches to the surgeon. Definitely a moment to remember lmao

I had to have antibiotics while in labour with DD, a side effect of antibiotics is diarrhea.
I was not feeling so well and went to get up to go to the bathroom and as I stood up I had a diarrhea poo, a vomit and my water broke simultaneously all over the floor. Then to make matters worse the delivery room had no ensuite, I had to walk to the other side of the ward to have a shower and get cleaned up not my finest moment lol.

I also had an episiotomy which got infected and had to be checked regularly.

Just to add to your story, I had a 3rd degree tear and had to perform butt hole clenches to the surgeon. Definitely a moment to remember lmao

I just cracked up laughing!!!!!

I always remember going for my 6 week check up and the doctor put his fingers you know where and told me to grab them! I automatically went to grab his fingers with my hand, he just laughed at me, and said no with your muscles! Very embarrassing.

Just so new mums know, he was checking how my pelvic floor muscles were after a tear!

I had to have antibiotics while in labour with DD, a side effect of antibiotics is diarrhea.
I was not feeling so well and went to get up to go to the bathroom and as I stood up I had a diarrhea poo, a vomit and my water broke simultaneously all over the floor. Then to make matters worse the delivery room had no ensuite, I had to walk to the other side of the ward to have a shower and get cleaned up not my finest moment lol.

I also had an episiotomy which got infected and had to be checked regularly.

You poor thing. I crapped stacks with my first! But that didn't bother me too much. Another thing that was horrible, was when I had to get off the bed to go have a shower. OMG the feeling off what came out, coupled with the fact that I had to do the walk of shame nude, holding a bath towel between my legs!

I cant believe I have to do all this again in 5 weeks.
It was like an Olivia Newton-John video gone wrong lol.

When the surgeon told me she wanted to show me some excercises I so wasn't expecting that bahahaha

Firstly, the sight of a Dr putting lube on his fingers to do a S&S was a bit scary lol. Pooing in labour with DD1 wasn't my finest moment. Then a finger up my backside to make sure all was okay. Then the stitch checks were done differently by different midwives. Some you had to lay back and spread 'em, others just let you roll to the side and let you do it discreetly. I peed while I was in labour too. I needed to do a big push and I thought it was amniotic fluid coming out.

This was all with DD1 though, with DD2 I think things were pretty cruisy.
I too had an tear and an episiotomy..I had my legs in stirrups for about 10-15 mins while they stitched me up, at the time I really didn't care a less, but now I really cringe thinking about it. I can't remember having my stitches checked so it mustn't have been too bad. No pooing or weeing for me thankgoodness though lol

I had a c section with all of mine.The 1st was a after a prolonged labour,going to the toilet to do a poo was bad enough when you had trouble walking, wiping the bottom was near impossible so dh had to wipe my butt! lol anyway, modesty is over rated lol

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

yep pooing while pushing , then after tearing all the midwives in training came in to watch my midwife stitch me up (everyone was getting an eye full) she let one of the trainee midwives put the GIANT tampon thing in and oh my god that hurt like hell , then they give me an anal pain killer ???
Modesty what is that ????
laugh laugh laugh

THIS is what first time mum's really need to know!

I had my bags packed with lovely large t-shirt nighties I could wear during labour.. um.. nope, spent the whole thing naked! Went for two showers and just never had time to get dressed AND those hospital towels are nowhere near large enough! They aren't covering anything! laugh

I THINK I did pooh but it was hard to tell, thought I saw the mw whisk something away though. unsure

I too had a 3rd degree tear and spent an hour being put back together (TBH that won't bother you though as you'll have the most beautiful thing you've ever seen on your chest to distract you wub) Had the spread 'em and the side checks. The worst one though was at my home visit I had to do it on my own bed and I was just hoping I didn't mess up my own sheets! laugh

Also you'll show your boobs to every man and his dog and most of them will also squeeze them. The mws came to my house and said "ok, get your shirt off!" So you'll probably just sit in your house with two strange women without your top on.. that's completely normal! laugh

And why do they say you'll bleed for about two weeks after giving birth... six weeks here!! Don't be fooled!
the first poo after having a baby is the scariest thing you will ever do, your sit there, you know what you need to do, but your too damn scared to push cos last time you pushed a baby came out. I seriously sat on the toilet for half an hour psyching myself up just to do a poo. smile

Sign in to follow this topic