Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Labour and Birth
  5. Modesty During and After giving Birth - May Contain Adult Themes!

Modesty During and After giving Birth - May Contain Adult Themes! Lock Rss

You poor thing. I crapped stacks with my first! But that didn't bother me too much. Another thing that was horrible, was when I had to get off the bed to go have a shower. OMG the feeling off what came out, coupled with the fact that I had to do the walk of shame nude, holding a bath towel between my legs!

I cant believe I have to do all this again in 5 weeks.

OMG i know what you mean, i stood up and all this blood came rushing out....that felt super gross then walking to the shower naked with the towel to soak up all the blood that was coming out. then in the shower and a huge gush of blood came flowing out....gross
also the clots that come out, no one told me about them so when my first one came i freaked out and called the midwife to come who laughed and said it was fine....omg what a freak out lol
Thanks for the laughs girls! My face and belly are sore now. I know it shouldn't be funny- not like I haven't been through it all myself but I will have to add a few new ones:-

1. My sister was invited to bub No. 2's birth and I was so mad at her for telling my husband dirty jokes in the car en route to hospital while I am in extreme labour pain! In addition to that- I gave her my camera. It was the old type- analogue- so you couldn't see the photos B4 the chemist develops them.
So, imagine my horror when I picked up awful photos from our friendly,local chemist, of exhausted me holding our screaming newborn in the labour ward, with my gown up around my navel, EVERYTHING showing and blood to boot. I had to crop all the photos to put them in the baby album! I nearly died of embarrassment and was too scared to face the chemist ever again!

2. Having an general anaesthetic that afterwards made me vomit all night, and worst of all, the anaesthetic didn't wear off my bladder. So I could not pee and I was busting!! I actually begged for a catherta and if that's not bad enough, 2 nurses couldn't find my 'wee hole' to insert the catherta even after several tries. They were going to have to call the doctor, they said. That was the absolute worst, I think. I was so desperate to wee I thought my bladder would literally burst. I have been terrified of having a general ever since!
Believe me- you won't care about being nude one bit. I rip the gown off during labour and it stays off. And I'm actually normally very modest but it just feels neccessary at the time. Afterwards, you'll laugh and feel very very proud of yourself!

Me too gasp

Don't be scared- its (very strangely) funny and I think 99% of women go back for another baby. You will understand after you go through it. Anyway, the post birth endorphins leave you high as a kite and deliriously happy!

With my first all was fine no pooing nothing a small tear which didnt require stitches but unfortunately my placenta got caught on my pelvic, the doctore had to do what he called "a search and retrieval" or I had to go to surgery .......... I chose the first option got given a shot of pethadine, and off he went after giving birth up he went with his hand... I tell you pethadine wasnt enough at that stage anyways had to unhook it and bring out the placenta in a trillion pieces. Well this happened on a shift change close to midnight so I had staff changing over popping thier heads in and googling saying hi and bye then there were the 4 or 5 trainee doctors standing around looking because this was unusual and it would be good experience for them ..... what about me 21 years old and any pride or modesty flew out the door that night was neever quite the same again..

Had four more children all went as smooth as could be

The last one I think I actually pooped .... wouldnt of known if my DH hadnt of said whats that smell arrrggghhhh

Number seven is in the oven please be smooth!! roll eyes
Good on you- number 7! Hope my number 6 goes smooth too- just goes to show you never know what can happen.
well for me after having son number 1 i needed a good few stiches, the neddle was bad enough but then they asked if a trainee nurse could do the stiches well i was too tired to care so said yes!! well nearly every stich she kept pressing the buzzer for the midwife to come and look...there is me with legs int he air and two heads looking to see whats going on!! lol this kept going on for a good 10 minutes then she pressed the buzzer again and said to the midwife "what about this bit..where does it go"? and the midwife says "oh she dont need that bit just cut it off"!!! lol at the time i thought "omg what" but never said anything to them! lol afterwards i said to my hubby " i might of needed them bits, im sure they belong to me"!! lol needed 7 stiches inside and 11 out so as you can imagine they were there for some time!
with son number 2 i had a c-section, but they never put any pants or towel between my legs and for about 2 hours i was laid in my own blood..i know its mine but god i dont want to be laid in it! so kept on and on to the staff that i want to get up and get dressed, eventually they said yes but only with there help to which i agreed...well as soon as i stood up a massive clot fell to the ground with a mighty thud..and i spent 10 minutes arguing with the staff over who would clean it up!! lol i wanted to do it but they kept saying no they would do it..but i kepy telling them "look my clot..i will pick it up"!! lol i was just coming round from a c-section so that was my excuse! lol
think you lose all modesty when you have kids..not a lot we can do about it..,and they way i see it is..,not likly to see these people often after babe is born so who cares! lol..but must remember these things as we are trying for number 3 now! oh the joy
Ha Ha Ha! Some of these are funny, deffinately would have liked to read this before I decided to get pregnant the first time! lol.

You've all written about how embarrassed you were because of bodily functions; i was embarrassed because of the way I spoke to the midwives!! Random explitives came out my mouth without my permission and someone came into the room just as she was crowning and was told to leave in no uncetain terms. lol.

I was very appologetic afterwards.

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

After showing my bits for the time my baby is in I don't have a problem showing them when baby is out. Leave your dignity at the door. I would even have the daily checks with my partner in the room. I was a big prude before baby but happy to show my GP my bits post baby. I even hated having a pap smear. Having a baby makes you realise its completely natural.

AM NO LONGER TINKERING WITH THE TICKER HMPH!

After showing my bits for the time my baby is in I don't have a problem showing them when baby is out. Leave your dignity at the door. I would even have the daily checks with my partner in the room. I was a big prude before baby but happy to show my GP my bits post baby. I even hated having a pap smear. Having a baby makes you realise its completely natural.

AM NO LONGER TINKERING WITH THE TICKER HMPH!

I had a partial third degree tear and had to roll over to get the stitches checked. I didn't think anything of it. Although it was kind of embarrassing when she pointed out a hemorrhoid. (Gosh that's tricky to spell!) Thankfully they waited until I had no visitors, although DP was there for a few stitch checks.

I think the most embarrassing part of all was having to tell the Midwife when I'd pooped. Of course they wanted to know in case there was any blood or pain but still! Standing in front of a physiotherapist and DP saying I'd successfully gone to the toilet was not my finest hour. smile

Sign in to follow this topic