Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Labour and Birth
  5. Have you gone into labour without baby being engaged for your first baby?

Have you gone into labour without baby being engaged for your first baby? Lock Rss

Hi! I am 39+1 weeks pregnant with my first baby and bub just doesn't want to fully engage. It is currently at 3/5 but because there is a lot of fluid still, it is able to bob in and out. I've had two Dr's advise me that I'm unlikely to go into labour until the baby is fully engaged.

I know its common for 2nd and subsequent bubs not to fully engage until labour but has anyone gone into labour for the first time without the baby being engaged? Any advice would be great!

My DS1 was not engaged at all & my waters broke. I did not go into full labour on my own but was induced and DS1 was born naturally. Didn't engage until the last minute.

With my first i didn't engage st all till i was in established labour. My waters broke but nothing until the drip which got the contractions coming.
DS didn't engage until my waters broke (naturally) in labour. I too was really concerned as most first time mums have babies engaging up to 6 weeks early. It;s hard not to worry, but try not to be concerned.

DD didn't engage at all during labour, I went into labour naturally, at 39+3 my waters broke about 3 hours in. DD was still not engaged and after 16 hours of active labour I only got to 4cm dilated DD went into distress and was born by emergency c-section. all was well with her she was just a bit big for my pelvis

My waters broke. I had contractions for 15hoursa before I was induced and he engaged. Before I went into labour he was head down but not engaged at all. I was 5 days overdue.
I went into labour naturally at 38+6w with my 1st, he hadn't even begun to engage and didn't till about 12 hours in.

My second was exactly the same, sitting really high, still went into labour naturally at 40+2w.

I was 10 days over due and bub wasn't engaged at all so you are doing well. I had given up hope but contractions started naturally and down he went! Waters didn't break until an internal while I was quite a few hours into labour.
smile

I went into labour naturally at 38+6w with my 1st, he hadn't even begun to engage and didn't till about 12 hours in.

My second was exactly the same, sitting really high, still went into labour naturally at 40+2w.

hi, i am new to this website and i wanted to know,how did u prepare the design below.it is beautiful. can you please let me know.
thanks
Thanks everyone for your feedback. My waters broke early last Sunday and we had our little man by the evening. Turns out he hadn't engaged as he was posterior and too big so ended up a C-section.

Hey, i just wondered how many of you girls actually had posterier babies from not engaging before going into labour. im really worried that i'll have a posterier bub sad
Sign in to follow this topic