Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Raspberry tea/tablets Lock Rss

Evening ladies

just wondering what your thoughts were on raspberry leaf tea? And the effects it has on labour?

Has it worked for anyone?

I am not about to run out and get some but I am very curious whether it actually works or not

I drank the tea from 35 wks onwards, for my last two pragnancies, and it didn't make those babies come any quicker. Saying that, my last two labours were very short , 2 and 2 1/2 hours, and the midwives said that maybe that had something to do with my 'uterine tone' which raspberry tea is said to promote.
I wanted those babies out, so i figured - it can't hurt! Good luck!
Raspberry leaf tea DOES NOT help induce labour. It strengthens the uterus and prepares it for birth.

Evening ladies

just wondering what your thoughts were on raspberry leaf tea? And the effects it has on labour?

Has it worked for anyone?

I am not about to run out and get some but I am very curious whether it actually works or not

Im wondering that too, also, does it have any side affects that anyone is aware of?
There is no side affects at all for the tea or tablets that I could see I done a HEAP of research because I had never heard or it.
I have been taking the tablets since 36 wks as well as drinking the tea every day since 36 wks (I haven't taken or drank any in the past wk though).
I'm still to see if it will shorten my labour though, as I'm now 2 days over due!!
But have heard alot of ppl swear it was the tea an/or tablets that helped shorten their labours, so will be interesting I'm onto my 3rd baby 3 yrs in a row. My 1st 2 labours were fairly short about 5-6 hours an I never had the tea or tablets.
I only brought them so it would tone my uterus having 3 babys one after another really cant be good for my utures so I thought I best try something, an I have been told to keep taking the tablets after I have the baby to keep helping my utures!
I agree they won't help you go into labour, but can help with getting your uterus toned to do its job more efficiently in labour.

I have used them for the last 2 pregnancies, and the labours were much shorter than my first just 3 - 4 hrs (compared to 17+). Not sure if it was the Raspberry tea, but I'm going to start drinking/taking again in a few weeks time to help with #4. smile

Hey Chick

I had rapberry leaf tea from 36 weeks on and I went 2 days over. But in saying that like the other ladies my labour was a very very short 4 hours from start to finish. It's not meant to induce labour it's meant to tone everything up to prepare for labour. I found it brilliant and will be having it again from 36 weeks with this pregnancy.

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy grin

I drank the tea from 37wks with my DD and then switched to the Blackmores tablets as I was having trouble drinking that much tea with a squished bladder lol. I went into labour naturally at 40+3 and had a fantastic labour that was a lot easier than my first labour but I have no idea what role if any that tea had to play in it.
Good luck smile

I have just started taking the tablets, because I had heard a lot of fuss. I am definately wanting it to help reduce the length of labour as I had a 20 hour labour with DS1.

The guy at the health food store said it does not induce labour as per all the PPs but it couldnt hurt to try for a quicker/easier labour!!!

Sign in to follow this topic