Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Amazing micro-preemies Lock Rss

When your baby arrives too soon. Way too soon. Alexa Stevenson's story.

Read the full blog post: Amazing micro-preemies
Hi Sarah, these babies are amazing!

When my son was born at 32 weeks I was in shock. Luckily he was a fighter and was discharged at 6 weeks without too much drama. Many of the babies in the NICU were much smaller and required so much more to help them grow and be strong.

The staff in the NICU's are so wonderful and do so much to help both the little ones and us as parents. We are forever grateful for their kindness and support.

To help other parents who have been or are going through the same thing, I have teamed up with some other mums and we are now raising funds and awareness of the NICU at our local hospital and providing support for parents as they go through the NICU journey and then finally get to take their little one home.

Thank you for your post!

When your baby arrives too soon. Way too soon. Alexa Stevenson's story.

Read the full blog post: Amazing micro-preemies
My boy was born at 34 weeks, it is an amazing roller-coaster of emotions you go through and should be given priorty for expecting mothers that this could happen. Sometimes you felt like telling them that you will come and pick your child up when they turn 18. Its a patience game, in life we can control most things but in the world of the NICU its the premmie babies that make the call. One minute there going great and your spirits lift then the next they are not agreeing with it and they go down hill, and you can't do much about it.
The thing that really got me was not being able to do the most basic of things like hold your baby or be able to see them move even an inch. When you see documantrys where the mother is holding there baby you become envious over the fact that you could not do that. They don't really know how lucky they are to have the most precious thing in the world happen to them.
my son roaree was born 29 weeks 1800grams he is fighter and was only in the nicu for 4 weeks and i got to take him home which amazed me,
everyone was so nice and helpful and if he wasnt doing well theyd ring and tell me plus if i hadnt anything to eat theyd get me something i cried for a full day just wanting to go home and take him with me the nurse sat by me and cuddled me cuz she knew what i was going thru
luckily he was of a few that do survive ive met great ppl and still talk to them now when i left a girl had been in there for 167 days im so lucky
My baby was born at 29 weeks. Such a shock because I was having such a normal pregnancy. Just out of the blue I got stomach cramps which I didn't even know was labour until I couldn't talk between contractions which I didn't know were contractions. Finally we went to the hospital and two days later we had a baby born weighing 1.65kgs and born 11 weeks before he was supposed to. The NICU at Waikato hospital were so amazing. I loved the nurses there. They made a scary situation quite a positive experience for us. My baby was in there for 7 and a half weeks. He was fantastic up until 9 months old. Then he got pneumonia and bronchiolitus and he has been in and out of hospital until now and he still gets whatever bugs are going around because he has such a low immunity. I stay home with him because they have told us not to send him to daycare because of his immunity. When he is not sick he is such a gorgeous happy 14 month old that has brough so much joy to our lives and we wouldn't change the fact that he came early because it has made him who he is. The one thing that got me through in the NICU was talkign to parents who were about to leave with their babies who had been through what we were going through and them telling us their positive stories.
Like Alexa Stevenson my little twin girl passed away and I delivered them both at 33 weeks. Luke was 1900 born but not the smallest by far. He spent 2 weeks in special care and was home in time for his sisters funeral.

My best friend 1 year ago delivered a 26 weeker at 680gr. She was born in the September and stayed in NICU for 3 months though hoping to be home for Xmas, she extended her stay in hospital a little closer to her home for another 6 weeks...finally coming home in the Feb.

She is a year old now and fighting fit.....a true little MIRACLE.... It's just amazing to see them so so tiny like in this little girl who was so under developed to fight and grow into a little amazing beautiful little girl....

My heart really goes out to all the parents of Premmies, it's such a heartwrenching time for them and the whole family.

Mother of twins (Hold one in my arms and one in my heart).

Luke & ~Rhiarna~ 13.05.04 & Ryan 26.03.07

i am a mother of twin boys that arrived at 31 weeks born at the john hunter hospital. they were 1832grams and 1636 grams, the nicu doctors and nurses are amazing they were like family as we were there for 9 weeks with the bigger one having a few problems and on cpap for his first 48 days of life. nicu staff are a godsend.....
Our baby was born at 24 weeks 575gms and only 27cms long. Weve been in NICU for 8 weeks now, and our little girls proving what a little fighter that she is.
Sign in to follow this topic