Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Labour and Birth
  5. i think labour is just around the corner

i think labour is just around the corner Lock Rss

Hi everyone,
I'm 40+5 weeks pregnant with my second child. I havent had much going on to indicate labour until 6am today when i woke with cramps. The cramps are like severe period pain and can be quite sore. I was getting these cramps about every 10 mins until about 10.30am. I decided to take DD for a walk to see if I could help bring anything stronger on but it didn't really help so I came home and had a shower than about an hour sleep.

When I went to sleep I didn't get woken by any pain so not sure if it stopped completey or whether I just slept through it. As soon as I woke up and started walking around again they have come back. I went to the supermarket to walk around a bit again and am still having these cramps. They are not as regular as earlier but still just as painful (I can talk and walk through them).

I didn't go into labour with DD (was induced after waters breaking) so I dont know if this is a sure sign of labour. I've also had the runs (sorry TMI) and have felt like vomitting a few times through the day and can feel my stomach hardening with the cramps. The baby as slowed down his movements quite a bit as well. Also my pelvis and all my bones are very sore.

I know these are mostly signs of labour approaching but I'm just wondering how close it may be?

Could I be like this for a few days or could it be closer?
Thanks for your opinions and sorry for rambling.
I have an appointment with OB tomorrow so will be sure to ask there too.

Sounds like it is the start of labour. It's so different for everyone though and it's hard to say (without being a professional) how much longer u will have to go.

I had the runs and vommiting with DS1 when I was in labour, but it was a very quick labour and intense from the get go.

Good luck with it all! (hopefully u wont last till your ob appt tomorrow smile )

Have u decided whether or not your ex is going to be there with you?

Let us know how it all goes and what the Ob says!

Sounds like it is the start of labour. It's so different for everyone though and it's hard to say (without being a professional) how much longer u will have to go.

I had the runs and vommiting with DS1 when I was in labour, but it was a very quick labour and intense from the get go.

Good luck with it all! (hopefully u wont last till your ob appt tomorrow smile )

Have u decided whether or not your ex is going to be there with you?

Let us know how it all goes and what the Ob says!

Hi thanks for the reply
My ex will be there providing he can make it from work or whereever he may be at the time.
Im really praying that i dont go too much longer Im so over it lol

It could go on for a little while, so try to relax and take it easy.
For me, from sitting on the toilet and getting cramps, it only took about another day before it was really happening.

Good luck!!

It could go on for a little while, so try to relax and take it easy.
For me, from sitting on the toilet and getting cramps, it only took about another day before it was really happening.

Good luck!!

Thanks Im hoping that it wont be too much longer but just trying to keep going with my day as usual. DD is being good so that helps.
The cramping is still coming fairly regular so fingers crossed.

Thanks

Thanks Im hoping that it wont be too much longer but just trying to keep going with my day as usual. DD is being good so that helps.
The cramping is still coming fairly regular so fingers crossed.

Thanks

How did it go?? Are u i hospital?? Did it eventuate??? Fingers crossed! Let us know!

How did it go?? Are u i hospital?? Did it eventuate??? Fingers crossed! Let us know!

Hi Thanks for thinking of me.
Benjamin Gregory made it into the world at 3.57am wednesday 17 november weighing 6pd 11oz I'll post a birth announcement with the rest of the details

Sign in to follow this topic