Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

pushing baby out Lock Rss

2.5 exhausting hours sad

and after already being in labour for around 15 hours before i started to push, i was buggered!
It took an hour of pushing. BUT my midwife was keen for me to wait for the contractions to bring DD down so I was fully dilated and wasn't supposed to push for another hour as DD was nowhere near engaged. Of course you can't tell your body that and it starts pushing anyway laugh eventually they let me just go for it and it took an hour to get her out.
DD - i have no idea
DS - 18 minutes but i could have swore it was so much shorter

hi,

i am just wondering how long it took you to push your baby out from the time your midwife said its time.

thank you ladies.

DS1 (1hr 30min total labour 2890g) pushing for 4 mins, 5mins later for placenta delivery
DS2, (7hr labour 4460g) pushing for 2 mins, 13mins for placenta delivery
DS3 (1hr 13min labour 4600g) 3mins pushing for bub, 7 mins later for placenta delivery
DD (50 min labour 4040g) pushing for 4 min, 11mins later for placenta delivery
DS4 (18min labour 4880g) pushing for 1min, 2mins later for placenta delivery

Just under 20 minutes and as others have said, felt like no time at all. You know you are sooooo close to the end!

DS1 (1hr 30min total labour 2890g) pushing for 4 mins, 5mins later for placenta delivery
DS2, (7hr labour 4460g) pushing for 2 mins, 13mins for placenta delivery
DS3 (1hr 13min labour 4600g) 3mins pushing for bub, 7 mins later for placenta delivery
DD (50 min labour 4040g) pushing for 4 min, 11mins later for placenta delivery
DS4 (18min labour 4880g) pushing for 1min, 2mins later for placenta delivery

Holy Moly!! I hope you live close to the hospital, or had a planned home birth!
DS- (18 hours all up, 7lb 7oz) about 2 and a half hours pushing, ended up with episiotomy and Ventouse extraction as he was a little bit stuck!

2 hrs, but I only felt like 5 contractions, so I was just pushing as much as I could.

Love the stories about subsequent babies all but flying out. I'm ordering one of those.

Two beautiful girls, hubby working from home makes one happy mumma smile
[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb2f.lilypie.com...]

Holy Moly!! I hope you live close to the hospital, or had a planned home birth!

Thankfully I was already in hospital, as pre-eclampsia had reared its ugly head. We were going to discuss induction the following morning. Bub had other ideas laugh
I think around 45 minutes? It could've been three hours or five minutes though!
Active pushing was 25 minutes. I'd been pushing for maybe half an hour maybe fifteen minutes when my waters broke, then I got up and went to shower and the ten meter walk did the trick. Got in there and went "Oh, babys coming". 25 minutes of pushing, 10 minutes of really focused pushing and she came out all in one push.
1st 5 mins if that
2rd same but much harder to push as he was bigger and had his hand next to his head.
3rd fell out maybe 2 mins of pushing
For my first child it was about 7 mins - and I was trying to slow it down because I was terrified about tearing. lol
About to find out about number 2 in the next few weeks....
Sign in to follow this topic