Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

pushing baby out Lock Rss

DS1 was 42 minutes
DS2 was 23 minutes
Both of them seemed much quicker though, the time just flew by.

2.5 long hard hours of pushing followed by a vacuum extraction.
Placenta took 2hrs to be delivered as it was stuck and I ended up in theater for it to be manually removed!
I'm hoping next time is a lot easier!
DS - I got to the hospital at 8.30pm & was holding him at 10 past 9
DD1 - about 20 minutes
DD2 - would have been lucky to have been 10 minutes, I was only in labour for half an hour all up, definitely don't want to do that again.

Robin

less than 5 minutes
Thank you all for sharing your stories. Definitely cleared some questions up for me. I just had dd2 by VBAC and a 5 hour labour (after being induced at 38 1/2 weeks) an epidural and forceps she was out in one push and about a minute! But reading everyone else's posts I can see this is not completely unheard of!

Did anyone else who has delivered this quickly have pain down low in their pelvis requiring follow up treatment?
1 hour 20 mins

hi,

i am just wondering how long it took you to push your baby out from the time your midwife said its time.

thank you ladies.

40mins for DS1 smile Had an emergency c/section for DS2, so only have 1 time for you smile

>MMM<
Did anyone else who has delivered this quickly have pain down low in their pelvis requiring follow up treatment?

no
Well DD1, 8 minutes, about 4 contractions I think.

DD2 (19/4/11) 3 and a half hours, too many contractions to count, many positions, half way through they made me stop pushing because they realised there was still some cervix in the way *swears head off* made me lay on my side with a pillow between my legs, most excruciating pain ever. Eventually I got really angry and I've never strained so hard in my life! She's amazing <3

im having follow up appointments (over a year) for the 3rd degree tear I had to make sure all the muscles down there are okay and if I can give birth naturally again or not - if that counts?
45mins with DS. Loving all the stories of subsequent babies coming so much faster grin my Dr has been trying to reassure me this will be the case this whole pregnancy lol lets hope she's right!
45mins with DS. Loving all the stories of subsequent babies coming so much faster grin my Dr has been trying to reassure me this will be the case this whole pregnancy lol lets hope she's right!
Sign in to follow this topic