Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Overdue Lock Rss

Today I am 11 days overdue... according to early ultrasound dates. My cycle dates would have me 17 days over so obviously going with the ultrasound ones lol

Anyway I went and saw my Dr Tuesday and he asked what I wanted to do. I said I don't want to be induced at this point in time as I have gone into labour naturally with my DS and am trying to avoid all interventions.

He was happy with this decision as I am healthy, and have a uncomplicated pregnacy.

I've had a CTG which was fine.... and will be having another one over the weekend if not delivered by then.

What I want to know is how long have you gone over??? and if you choose to avoid the 'normal' induction at 10 days over how much further did you get? and was the birth ok due to being overdue?

Hope someones been here!

oh and yes people think I'm nuts waiting it out! smile

15 days over for my daughter. She arrived the morning of the day I was to be induced (where I lived has a high birth rate so 15 days over was the soonest I could get in for an induction). I was so glad she came on her own, i was terrified of being induced!

I haven't been in this situation, but just wanted to say good on you speaking up about what you want. A lot of people just do whatever the doc says as they don't want to question it. But if everything is fine, the doc would have said if delaying being induced would cause issues. I hope for you sake things start naturally given it's what you want.

All the best!
42 +1 for me too. I was induced, it was full on but I imagine it is anyway!! (I don't have anything to compare it to) DD was 4.61kg or 10lb 3oz and 58cm long. I had her naturally after a 4.5 hour labor (established labor that is). The only problem we had was that she didn't fit any of the newborn sized clothes!!
My first born was overdue, and I was offered an induction at 7 days over, but I was totally against it, then after a CTG I was given the all clear to wait another few days, but when he still didn't come I was told I could have an induction at 11days over, but again, I refused and had to have another CTG done - everything was still fine. My ob though said that if I got to 14 days over I will have to be induced, but luckily I went into labour at 12days over and he came at 13days over.
Unfortunately it was a horrible birth, he was posterior and I wasn't dilating - both he and myself were getting tired and his heartrate started dropping with every contraction so I had to have an em c-section.

Hope all goes well for you, and you end up going into labour spontaneously... soon, and have a fantastic birth!!
You might find Gloria Lemays blog - 42 weeks and counting... an interesting read <span class="emoticon smile">smile</span>

You might find Gloria Lemays blog - 42 weeks and counting... an interesting read <span class="emoticon smile">smile</span>

Thankyou!

it is interesting!

I always carry over, I cant remember how much 2 wks plus. But for me it wasnt much of a problem because I homebirth and go by my own dates and always get there in the end.

I just wanted to say good on you for standing your ground and trusting that your body and baby can work together and get the job done themselves. smile

http://decadent-delights1.webnode.com/blog/
My blog, take a peek into my world

I was induced with DS due to being overdue and high BP, at the time I just went with what the Dr said. Looking back I wish I hadn't. I was 11 days overdue, but was pretty much there when I was given the gel (MW said cervix was soft as and had show that afternoon).
I will be fighting not to be induced next time.
Good on you for speaking up smile
Keep us posted
I was induced with DS due to being overdue and high BP, at the time I just went with what the Dr said. Looking back I wish I hadn't. I was 11 days overdue, but was pretty much there when I was given the gel (MW said cervix was soft as and had show that afternoon).
I will be fighting not to be induced next time.
Good on you for speaking up smile
Keep us posted
My first OB induced me 5 days over as apparantly I was hypertensive, every time I went for the bp checking thingy, they were saying, "why are you here, your not hypertensive?". Anywhoo, I reckon she did it (on Friday) as she wanted the weekend off. I could hear her on her phone to her husband saying she'd be out of there by six, and she was. Didn't matter if me and my baby weren't ready! It was awful! Went naturally with a s&s at 40+6 the next time and it was sooooooo much better. Different dr and hosp too. I wish I had of had the balls to stand up for myself the first time.
I think the main thing you need to be wary of is if the baby starts to have bowel movements in the womb, as can happen when they go over... That they don't get muconium (think that's how it's spelt) in their lungs which can be dangerous, and also that there's still a safe amount of amniotic fluid in there... Hopefully it happens very soon naturally for you, I wouldn't be comfortable going over 42 weeks myself... But I was induced at 38/5 for health reasons so I'm ok with inductions! Best of luck!!
Sign in to follow this topic