Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

What to do? Lock Rss

I am having contractions (the same ones I mentioned in last nights post about dropping) they could be BH they could be labour I don't know. I rang midwife, and she wants to hook me up and see whats going on. Only one issue the hospital is a 2 hr waddle away (or 1hr non pregnant person walk) and I can't drive at all cause I have epilepsy, my husband is at work and can't get off unless I am in labour which I am reluctant to think I am. The only neighbor I know is also at work, and the house on the other side of ours appears to be empty. (We're in a DF neighborhood) I have no money, and no idea how I am supposed to get to the hospital short of waddling, any ideas???Any at all, I have thought about ambulance, but it doesn't feel like an emergency and they charge you an arm and a leg afterwards too. Plus I'd feel like a dick if I got an ambulance and it was just BH or it stopped on the way to the hosp.

If it was me i would be listening to my instincts. If you dont feel right and think you need to be checked then call an ambulance or call your DH.
You need to sought something out, so your not in this situation again. Can you put some Taxi money aside somehow?
Call and ambulance, if you ARE having contractions its not worth mucking around with
If you have no money for a bus or taxi and no ambulance cover then I would ring your DH. If it turns out to be Braxton hicks then so be it, at least you know you and your baby are safe and have been checked out. However I would be making sure I had money available at all times in case you need to get to the hospital fast, or get ambulance cover. What happens when you do go into labour? Do you have someone organised to help you if DH can't get home in time? Might be time to put a proper plan in place.
We do have a plan, my sister is supposed to pick me up but she called away on business last night. We also had a back up plan set up with our neighbors (the ones who are out) failing that the hospital has a shuttle service which you are supposed to book two days ahead of time, but I thought I might try them anyway unfortunately we are STILL (after 3 weeks) waiting for our phone line to be set up, and they won't take calls from cell phones, and I used the last of my cell phone money on calling the midwife.
I swear something is out to get me.

We do have a plan, my sister is supposed to pick me up but she called away on business last night. We also had a back up plan set up with our neighbors (the ones who are out) failing that the hospital has a shuttle service which you are supposed to book two days ahead of time, but I thought I might try them anyway unfortunately we are STILL (after 3 weeks) waiting for our phone line to be set up, and they won't take calls from cell phones, and I used the last of my cell phone money on calling the midwife.
I swear something is out to get me.

All that aside for now though, if you are having contractions you need to get to the hospital, if they are the real thing then they need to give you drugs to help bubs lungs and also try to stop the contractions.
If you can still ring your DH with no mobile credit then ring him and give him the midwifes contact details. Maybe he could call her and get her to organise the shuttle for you as you have no other way of getting there.

If that fails then I see no other choice other then for hubby to come home and get you. People have false labour scares all the time so if it turns out that you arent in labour then surely he can return to work and explain that it was a false alarm.

Julia (14yrs), Cooper (6yrs) & Amarlia (14 months)

what about trying to see a doctor, is there one closer than the hospital?

How far along are you? (sorry forgot to look)...

I know you mentioned the houses on either side, but have you tried any other neighbours? I think most if not all would be willing to help a heavily pregnant woman even if they didn't know you. They may drive you, call taxi and pay for it or call the shuttle service from their home phone.

Can your midwife pick you up or come over?

Did you end up getting to the hospital? I hope you and bubs are OK!

Sign in to follow this topic