Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

I'm stuck in pre labour Lock Rss

Ok, so last night I started getting contractions around 11pm. They were about 12 mins apart but I managed to get some sleep, waking every hour or so for a stronger one. This morning they continued and have ranged from 5 - 18 minutes apart.

It's annoying, being my 3rd I thought it would be quick but seems to be taking forever and I feel like I'm stuck in prelabour and just waiting for them to intensify and quicken...
Ohh hope it happens soon for you, I was stuck on that stage for three days, not pleasant. GOOD LUCK XD

hi Mummy275,

How exciting, although highly annoying for you... try going for a walk, keep active, standing up will be a bonus for gravity to try and bounce baby on cervix a bit more.
Labour hormones increase in the evenings, so hopefully you'll click into gear tonight.

Lottie
Good luck!!
OMG I'm so excited for you. Hope it happens soon.
This is driving me crazy.
If this keeps up it will be longer than my first.
My 2nd was a quick labour so I had been preparing myself for a fast labour with this one too but all day I've been contracting and still no pattern.

I have a midwife check up this arvo anyway so hopefully they'll have some ideas to kick it into gear.

This is driving me crazy.
If this keeps up it will be longer than my first.
My 2nd was a quick labour so I had been preparing myself for a fast labour with this one too but all day I've been contracting and still no pattern.

I have a midwife check up this arvo anyway so hopefully they'll have some ideas to kick it into gear.

Hopefully!!! and hope can congratulate u really soon!!!

i hear you ..

im 39 weeks with number three and have been having contractions for over a week .. im at my wits end ...
It's doing my head in now.

Still no baby!!!

2 nights and a day, the contractions have intensified but haven't gotten into any pattern. It's horrible, at least every 20 minutes...

I feel like I'm wasting hubby's time too and getting everyone excited for nothing. He rearranged his work schedule yesterday, thinking bubs would be here by now. Plus we're both aware that if he goes to work then it could change very quickly.

When I saw the midwife yesterday, for regular checkup, she wasn't phased as they weren't regular...

I'm just so frustrated and dissapointed. I don't know what to do.
Ohh hun i was wondering how you were going. I went through this too for 2 days before i finally had enough as they were about 6-8 mins apart but still not regular. I ended up going to the hosp and they told me i was 5 cm dilated, after the internal examination labour came on hard and fast because she did a stretch and sweep.

Only things i can recommend is to keep your fluids up because they told me i was dehydrated when i got there and said that can sometimes cause things to stall...so drink drink drink. And if i could do it again i would get up and move around a lot more, i lay in my bed for 2 days because the idea of moving didnt feel any better, but looking back now i feel like it probably would have helped....

Thinking of you!! Wont be long now!! Do some star jumps lol wink

xxxxxxxxx
I feel for you..I'm 39 weeks with my third and I'm getting naddah. It's so frustrating as I would've thought being my third, I would go into labour early especially since my second was 2 weeks early. Feels like it's my first again as I'm trying all the things to kick start the labour. All the best. smile

It's doing my head in now.

Still no baby!!!

2 nights and a day, the contractions have intensified but haven't gotten into any pattern. It's horrible, at least every 20 minutes...

I feel like I'm wasting hubby's time too and getting everyone excited for nothing. He rearranged his work schedule yesterday, thinking bubs would be here by now. Plus we're both aware that if he goes to work then it could change very quickly.

When I saw the midwife yesterday, for regular checkup, she wasn't phased as they weren't regular...

I'm just so frustrated and dissapointed. I don't know what to do.

I was wondering also!!! that is no good!!
Maybe do what snowflake did???

Sign in to follow this topic