Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Mucus plug?? Lock Rss

i'm 38 weeks on monday..
been getting braxton hicks pretty bad for the past week..
& have had back pain on and off for the past few days.. even started getting period cramps the other night..

I just went to the toilet and there was a huge blob of white 'discharge' in my knickers and more when i actually wiped myself..
It was extremely thick.. is it discharge or part of my plug??.. i've never in my life had discharge that thick before..
sorry if that's too much information..

i know either way labour isnt too far away but i'm just gettin anxious i guess..

if its not your plug you could have thrush, my friend is due 2 days after me and she just had thrush and said the discharge was disgusting and wouldnt stop coming out so if it doesnt go away might pay to check in with the midwife and she should be able to confirm either way for you.

Good luck for bubs arriving not long now:)
if its not a yellow/greenish colour, i dont think its thrush ect.

i'm pretty sure it's your plug, sounds exactly like what happened to me, i lost my plug (no blood) on the monday night and went into labour on thursday 1am, had her at 21mins later, but they say it can take up to 2 weeks, good luck smile

i also had bad bh up to two weeks before, she was breech early on but turned, once i had her she turned out to be posterior, was ur baby breech or posterior? just curious,

It's definately not thrush.
the babys head is engaged. and its back is facing to the right side of my stomach, my midwife sad thats fine but generally that baby goes.the long way around ti be facing the correct way so it'll make my labour a bit longer??
I had some more stuff in my knickers today too. i think its parts of my plug.

It's definately not thrush.
the babys head is engaged. and its back is facing to the right side of my stomach, my midwife sad thats fine but generally that baby goes.the long way around ti be facing the correct way so it'll make my labour a bit longer??
I had some more stuff in my knickers today too. i think its parts of my plug.

I have had exactly the same as you along with very strong braxton hicks. My midwife said not to be concerned about the discharge and that it is really normal
Your plug or "show" can begin with more discharge than usual but that too is a symptom in late pregancy. I started mild inconsistent contractions at 6am and by 11am started losing brown discharge everytime i went to the bathroom. Later in the afternoon my "show occured". Its jelly like mucus with blood in it that can come all at once or a few times. Thats when you know things are gonna happen:-)My son was born at 1:47am..a nearly 20hour labour.
Sign in to follow this topic