Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

'preparing for labour and birth' Rss

Hi ladies,

So I'm 37 weeks with no.2. I'm taking the raspberry leaf tea and EPO. For about two weeks now I've had pelvic pain and apparently it's all the ligaments loosening and stretching in preparation for birth. So it's painful to get out of bed and in and out of cars, walking, rolling over in bed.

So I'm too scared to get a brazillian which I'm bummed about! Im so tempted but when I had my midwife app and she was feeling bubs head it kinda was sensitive to touch even though all the pain I feel is internal. I personally don't the feeling of hair down their and it's going to drive me nuts because I will have to wait 6 weeks until after birth to get one so I'm going to be like cousin it!

So with my first I didn't have this soreness/ pain so I walked up and down the stairs and just walked. Was hoping to do the same this time around to encourage labour but I'm just to sore! Plus I don't even want to attempt to have sex. So I'm out of ideas! I'm going crazy thinking I can't try to do anything to encourage labour !

Any ideas of what I can do?
Sorry for the vent
some of the things i got told to try, as my daughter was born at 41 weeks, were:
eating spicy foods
having sex
long walks
castor oil

but i tried all of these at 39 weeks, and my daughter was born at 41 by ceaseran because ahe was wedged in my pelvis. so i guess, sometimes you just can't bring on your labour wink
goodluck though
Can't help with bringing on labour but...

have u got a trimmer? it will reduce the length of the hairs down there with out irritating the skin.
Wow, I can imagine how stressed you probably are...however looking at things it appears that walking might be your only option. Herbal teas like raspberry leaf are good, but just like any herbal substance you have to caution yourself on how much you can take! Take time to read this...
labor and delivery
Happy delivery! <span class="emoticon smile">smile</span>

Wow, I can imagine how stressed you probably are...however looking at things it appears that walking might be your only option. Herbal teas like raspberry leaf are good, but just like any herbal substance you have to caution yourself on how much you can take! Take time to read this...
labor and delivery
Happy delivery! <span class="emoticon smile">smile</span>
Hey just to let you know... My OB/GYN told me not to use Castor Oil because it can cause Bub to Poop In-Utero which can be dangerous!! So if you are considering that one I would check it out 1st... Cheers smile
I'm 37 weeks too and wish i could make him come out. But I think we just have to wait til they decide to come sad
I'm 38 wks with baby #2 and feeling alot like you are! I had an appointment today with my midwife and besides the raspberry leaf tea and sex, she highly recommended accupuncture!
I asked one of my friends about it who had seen the same accupuncturist, and it worked for her! They just do it on your feet apparently. I'm guna try it next week!!!
Good luck to you. Hope bubs comes soon for both of us smile
I had cranial sacral therapy for my bub who was 2 weeks overdue to engage him and he came the next day. The very old wise midwife who did the cranial said to stay off mobiles, computers, anything technology as this can affect why my baby was not coming out... funny as I was so big there was nothing else I could do except FB and talk on the phone smile
Sign in to follow this topic