Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Reflexology Lock Rss

I'm 35 weeks going into week 36 now and went for a session of a herbal foot bath , leg massage and reflexology.
I was told and read that reflexology can start labour but took the chance because I needed it with all the walking to school and kindy 5 days a weeks with my 2 boys.
Lucky for me it didn't trigger anything and was AMAZING ! Nothing like a good massage.

Has anyone gone for a massage and it has kick started labour?

I'm 35 weeks going into week 36 now and went for a session of a herbal foot bath , leg massage and reflexology.
I was told and read that reflexology can start labour but took the chance because I needed it with all the walking to school and kindy 5 days a weeks with my 2 boys.
Lucky for me it didn't trigger anything and was AMAZING ! Nothing like a good massage.

Has anyone gone for a massage and it has kick started labour?

Happy Mum

As far as I understand it, there are specific reflexology points which stimulate uterine contractions, so the people trained in this will know what areas they sould or should not be stimulating, you are right, it most certainly will bring on labour if done incorrectly, or at the wrong time, but if planned you can request for them to work on these areas when you are due to help lesten labour time and also to eleviate some of the pain, but it is important to know the points and how to do this..

Happy Mum

Sign in to follow this topic