Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Stretch and sweep really work?? Lock Rss

Hi,

Im 40 weeks + 5 days, so ready to get this bubba out! so excited to find out the sex and see its face =)
Does a stretch and sweep really work? are they painful? Any experiences would be greatly appreciated.
Hello, when I was 38.5 weeks I was induced due to pre eclamsia and
The start of HELLP syndrome. Over the course of 3 days I had
2 lots of gel put in, a stretch and sweep and my waters broken. Only
Once they broke my waters did I really start going into real labor. They did the
First lot of gel and the stretch and sweep at the same time and that made him
Move right down into position, and dilated me about 1 and half centimeters. But
Seeing you are further along then I was it might put you I to labor straight
away.

None is it hurt. Just a yucky feeling knowing that someone is 'down there'.
Kind of like a paps smear but a bit worse and longer.

I hope everything goes well for you. And remember you can ask them to
Stop at anytime if it gets too much for you.

Hi,

Im 40 weeks + 5 days, so ready to get this bubba out! so excited to find out the sex and see its face =)
Does a stretch and sweep really work? are they painful? Any experiences would be greatly appreciated.

I had two stretch and sweeps and unfortunately they didnt work (i gave birth 6 days after the second one). They werent painful, just uncomfortable.
I had S&S with my DS on my due date. For me it was painful and very uncomfortable. Unfortuately it didn't work either, I was induced when I was 7 days over. Good luck, hope your holding your bub very soon

I had a stretch and sweep at 40 wks + 6 days and went into labour 12hours later so it definately worked for me. Unfortunately, my obs didn't warn me as to what was about to happen and it was VERY painful.
Thanks ladies, looks like it depends on the person or coincidence.... i have an appointment tomorrow to check water levels, placenta etc so might ask for one. Lets see how we go...thanks for your replies!! tongue
I had my S&S done today at 40+5 and it was extremely painful, not to frighten anyone... it's different for everyone as it seems.
I'm already at 3cm, so we'll see if it works or not.
I had one done when I was in labour, I hated it. So uncomfortable. Sick of doctors trying to 'hurry things up'. I was already in labour, pregressing well, so what was the point?

i did the S&S today, it was painful but bearable....I've been bleeding since then and feel very lousy now....hope it happens this weekend!!! my midwife said we'll do another one on wednesday, not looking forward to it! i hope bubba comes before then. If not, i will be induced on thurs, not looking forward to it.
Im excited this weekend though as it will be my last weekend being pregnant, by this time next week i would have met my bubba!!! yay!!! laugh
I had it done at 41 weeks and I felt things starting to happen as soon as I left the hospital. I gave birth 10 hours later that day smile

I had it done at 41 weeks and I felt things starting to happen as soon as I left the hospital. I gave birth 10 hours later that day smile

I hope thats the case for me!! =)
Sign in to follow this topic