Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Thinking about birth Rss

HELLO!!! grin

SO I'm getting close to half way through my pregnancy and I'm thinking about birthing techniques.

My first birth was not easy by any standard. I had the stupid paddles things strapped to me the whole time to monitor bubs heart rate and my contractions, four drips in my arm, was induced, and nearly had a c-section. Of course this was mostly due to my having had a conplicated pregnancy.

I want this pregnancy and birth to be different. I think I would still like to have the partial epidural (I had low doses so I could feel my contractions and walk around but they weren't painful and when it was time to push I asked for it to be stopped. But my biggest wish is to have a more relaxed birth.

I don't want to be screaming expletives the whole time, I don't want to abuse any of the nursing staff (Look I was in the middle of giving birth and the woman was pushing the baby back up! so she kinda needed to be told off lol) and I don't want to have a doctor shaking his head at me saying I'm not going to be able to do it.

So does anyone have any ideas or experiences that could help me build a birthing plan that might achieve this?

I've considered water births but I'm not sold on the idea...Neither is DH (he thinks the baby will drown-rolls eyes).

Thanks for any replies. Any help is appreciated.
XD

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

I did pre-natal yoga for my pregnancies and childbirth was a breeze. Yes it was painful (you can't do anything about that) but it was all about focusing on a happier event and you forget about the pain.

I spent most of my labour with my eyes closed and concetrating on my breathing and daydreaming about the moment I was going to hold my baby for the first time. Yoga not only strengthens your core muscles, it relaxes you and if you're relaxed the chances are baby will be the same.

My fingers are crossed that second time around you know what to expect and it will be a breeze.
Aw Hun what a ordeal!!!
I hope this time is way way smoother smile
My first was natural and I swear by keeping active (not running marathons lol) during pregnancy I walked everyday right up to the day I gave birth I swear it helped smile
Also breathing techniques I really could not have had the calm birth I had without it I didn't say boo during my labour I sat on a chair with my eyes closed letting the contractions come and go they 30 seconds apart for 4 hours of my labour and I wasn't even that buggered after labour lol
As weird as this sounds I'm looking forward to labour with my next pregnancy as my first labour was so laid back I was left alone too by my
Midwives I was only checked to see how dilated I was and a quick Doppler for Dds heart beat, she took a dump in my womb!
Maybe just start googling calm birthing techniques and when you come across something that is your style research it I will brush up on the breathing when I get knocked up with a sticky bub as it worked for me but it may not be some one else's thing smile
Good luck darl hope you get the birth you want xoxox
Hi NoDdy,

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I am in the same situation as you but this is my first baby. I have decided to try hypnobirthing, which a friend of mine who is also a midwife got me onto the idea. I purchased the book- Hypnobirthing the original method by Michelle Leclaire O'Neill and have downloaded her relaxation tracks off iTunes.

This method is based around relaxation and visualization whilst concentrating on breathing. It explains that there has been so much hype around the idea that childbirth is painful but it doesn't have to be. It is the most natural thing in the world and that what a womans body is made to do. I have read a few testimonials of people that have used this method, some said their birth was pain free, others said that they still experienced some pain but they all said that their births were so relaxing and they all had less complications and didn't take as long because their muscles were relaxed and weren't resisting. You can still have pain releif on hand if you need it- which is what I plan on doing.

Obviously as this is my first baby I have NO IDEA what to expect but I'm hoping that this will make my birthing experience a calm and relaxed one. I have done yoga for years and we always concentrate on breathing and relaxation so that is why I chose to do this method.

Good luck with your decision and the rest of your pregnancy smile
Thanks for these replies.
Im not sure on the hypo birthing, ill have a look into but not sure its for me.

One of the biggest problems I had first time was dh kept trying to ask me questions while I was having contraction and/or pushing. Plus my family kept ringing our phones and when we turned them off they rang the hospital.

I would like some breathing coaching or something. Does anyone know where I could get that?

Thanks again.
X

(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

hypo birthing

lol! nicely put

Thanks for these replies.

I would like some breathing coaching or something. Does anyone know where I could get that?

Thanks again.
X

mayb look into hiring a doula, even if u dont plan on drug free they can be there to ease your mind and remind u of how well things are progressing and keep u calm. some can be pricey but if u get one that is looking to get experience they can be cheap and from what iv been told they are not just there for your birth. i know a couple of girls who have one booked for their upcoming birth and they have become close with them and the doula even helped find them u/s places that bulk billed ext

lol! nicely put

Lol. Woopsie!!

(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

mayb look into hiring a doula, even if u dont plan on drug free they can be there to ease your mind and remind u of how well things are progressing and keep u calm. some can be pricey but if u get one that is looking to get experience they can be cheap and from what iv been told they are not just there for your birth. i know a couple of girls who have one booked for their upcoming birth and they have become close with them and the doula even helped find them u/s places that bulk billed ext

Im not sure there are any where I live. But its a good idea I might look into. Thanks.

(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

Sign in to follow this topic