Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

obstetrician costs Lock Rss

Please help. I am 6 weeks pregnant and am desperate for anyone who can advise of a REASONABLY priced obstetrician in the South East Suburbs (vic). I particularly wish to deliver at Jessie Mac or Waverley Private but even with health insurance I have been quoted a min of $5000 OUT OF POCKET for two obs that I contacted today that deliver at Jessie Mac. Am I being unreasonable or is this really the normal price?
Please help. i don't mean to sound pathetic but if anyone has some recommendations I will be so hugely appreciative!!

Thanks in advance (??)

Hi there

I saw Dennis Price for all of my kids and found him to be brilliant. He delivers at both Jessie Mac and Waverley. I had all 3 kids at Waverley smile the last only 9 months ago.

Dennis wasn't particularly expensive, going by what my friends who saw other private obs paid. But he is a lovely man, with a great bedside manner. The 20 week fee when I had my most recent baby was about $2500, with other standard visits charged at around $60 (the initial visit is a little more). All up, including Medicare rebate, I was probably out of pocket by around $2500ish.

ETA skills wise, the midwives at Waverley sing Dennis' praises. He's very good at what he does smile
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for your reply (AND such a quick one)!!! You have no idea how helpful that is!!! I only posted a thread in desperation (not expecting a response). Thank you enormously! I will contact him tomorrow. Thanks again!!! That is such a help & a lot cheaper than $5000.

Thanks for your kindness.
You're welcome smile

Congrats on your pregnancy, and good luck smile
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for your reply (AND such a quick one)!!! You have no idea how helpful that is!!! I only posted a thread in desperation (not expecting a response). Thank you enormously! I will contact him tomorrow. Thanks again!!! That is such a help & a lot cheaper than $5000.

Thanks for your kindness.
I am seeing dr Rohan shamon who is fantastic. Also out of pocket about $2500 and he delivers at both waverley private and Jessie Mac. Good luck!
Thanks so much for your response. I had my first appointment with Dennis Price last week and he seems fabulous so I think I'm set for the moment... but it is good to have another recommendation so thank you! Now I just need advise on having twins!! smile doubley blessed but oh my goodness.
Sign in to follow this topic