Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Vbac after 2 c-sections? Lock Rss

I have had two previous c-sections. My first was an emergency due to fetal distress after a 17hour labour 6yrs ago, and my second was 16months ago which was an elective. (I regret my decision, but at the time thought it was the best option for baby).
I just want to know if many women out there have had the opportunity to have one, and were you successful?. I also wanted to know, with the risk of rupture, what signs do they look for in labour? I have my appointment with ob in jan, and I know he has done vbac2 before. I just want to be clued up before I go see him.
Hi there smile

I had a successful VBA2C. I chose to go with an independent midwife and use the local public hospital as back up rather than an OB in a private hospital like my previous 2 births which ended in emergency caesareans.
Baby #3 was born at home in a pool of water with my incredible midwife, DH, DD and DS all cheering me on.
It was a very fast, uncomplicated, normal birth smile

Have you considered hiring a doula?
All the best smile
Feel free to message me if you have any questions

I am kitty wink

Thanks for your reply. It is giving me hope. I am so lucky to have my best friend who is a doula. She has been so supportive.
My worry is obviously the risk of rupture. I know statistically wise it's a slim chance. But I can't help but think about it.
My doula has found me a doctor that is brilliant and all for vbac2. I am going to see him early jan to see what he thinks of my circumstances.
I just watched my best friend (my doula) have a home birth six weeks ago. She delivered very quickly as well. Prob to do with your relaxed environment .
Well done to you. I bet your proud xx smile
Sign in to follow this topic