Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

TENS machine for labour Rss

Has anyone used this for labour? Would you recommend it?

Thinking of trying something different this time grin

Yep I used it for DD.

I guess it took my mind off the pain...DH turned it up way high and it felt like my back was getting stomped on by a herd of horses! Bit of a joke between us now smile
Lol ok, so tip no.1 don't put it on high laugh

Think I'll give it a go- it's only $65 for.five weeks plus 19 for postage so worth a go. Anything for distraction!

Oh I just used it in the hospital, not at home.

Keep your DH away from it! I felt like my body was being shaken around when he decided to crank it smile His reasoning "It's helping, lets turn it up more and help more"
*mummsy* wrote:
Oh I just used it in the hospital, not at home.

Keep your DH away from it! I felt like my body was being shaken around when he decided to crank it smile His reasoning "It's helping, lets turn it up more and help more"

What a sweetheart, trying to help grin

Hmm wonder if I should ask the hospital if they have one rather than hiring it? Did your hospital own it?

Thanks for the input Mummsy smile

TallulahBelle wrote:

Hmm wonder if I should ask the hospital if they have one rather than hiring it? Did your hospital own it?

Yep the hospital owned it.
Thanks mummsy, I'll have to ask!

Hopefully they do so you can save your $$ smile

It was a pretty new thing at the hospital when I went in there 5 years ago. It was a country hospital so they were pretty proud of themselves for having it smile
I used one - my SIL sold them at the time, so gave one to every family member when their birthdays came round. Luckily, we got ours about a months before birth! smile I used mine in the car journey, then took it off & forgot to put it back on in the hospital. My car journey was 150km, 15 min contractions when we first left and down to 3-5 mins once we were there. It helped to distract a little, but I was having a very full on labour & quick one, so it definitely wasn't an easy painfree journey.

I have read since that they can shorten the length of your labour - don't know how true that is.
I used one with DD1 (that looks so weird!) and I wasn't a fan. Maybe because it got turned up too quickly but I couldn't get the damn thing off quick enough! Didn't bother with it for DD2.

www.facebook.com/LeReveWithSally

Thanks wooden spoon! I guess anything for distraction would be great!

Wow Sally -congratulations on dd2, was there an announcement? I must have missed it if there was but congrats grin so mixed reviews on the tens hey? Lol

Wouldn't it be great if you had the choice to just skip the labour altogether?!! I mean this is baby no. 3 you've paid your dues the first 2 times around, right tallulah? If this was a choice I'd totally go for number 3 smile
Sign in to follow this topic