Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Labour and Birth
  5. This might sound silly but .........

This might sound silly but ......... Rss

I was wondering how do I ask my ob/gyn for an elective c-section???

I have read alot of information and have decided it is the best option for me and bub. So what approach should I take with ob, and how early do I need to speak to him? I am almost 31 wks, and am not supposed to see him again til 36 wks, but I can see him earlier if need be.

Does anybody have any clue on this stuff?

Thanks smile

Amy & daughters Jada 10/07/06, Alana 07/04/08

i havent been in that position, but i will be having an elective cs next time round for medical reasons. my advice would be to just tell him that you think it will be best for you and your baby if you had a cs. dont let him talk you out of it if thats what you want.
as for timing, i dont know when you should talk to him, sorry. good luck

Tania. WA, Daniel - 26/01/06... smile

Hi, My sister had an elective c-section for her bub and they had it organised from about half way. Are you having the bub privately or public? If you are private it should be no worries just say you want one and it should be as easy as that. Your doc may urge you to try natural but stick to your guns. They usually do it at about 38/39 weeks so you should have time to organise it at your next appointment but you could do it earlier if you want to square it away.
The public system is a bit trickier most hospitals don't do a c-section straight up without a reason.
Good luck.
Hi, I am 30 weeks and I am having an elective caesar in July. My first was a caesar because he was breech and my second was a natural birth even though I asked for a caesar (the doctor wanted me to go natural). I had a very difficult labour so this time I asked for a caesar and explained my reasons, and it was no problem, which surprised me! Just explain your reasons and don't let them talk you out of it. Good luck Tracey
I am having my 1st in about 2 weeks & decided from day 1 i was having a Caesarean - i figured the list of pro's & cons for both were about the same but i also didn't wanna start a birth & then have them tell me she needed to come out emergency C.

I spoke to my dr, told him i wanted one although he argued, he did admit he cant force me to have her naturally so they really cant make you do anything you dont want.

You should be able to go in & see your dr whenever, especially with the fact you have your concerns & dont wanna leave it any longer.

My caesar was only organised & booked in last week. I was due June 15th/16th but she'll be here on the 6th coz they say about 10 days before the due date is the best time to have it done.

Hopefully that is of some help to you! Goodluck

Kel, SA, Mum to Lillian Rose - 06/06/06

well i have heard as my sister has had c sections with all 3 of hers.but to have elective c section you have to book early in advanced like the first 3 months and they really dont like to give a c section on less they have to i know this cause i tried it with my second and they wouldnt let me but i do know it takes longers to heal from a c section and it hurts more after i hope that helps you a bit.

qld mother of 4yr zac 2yr landon and baby noah

Sign in to follow this topic