Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Water Birth Lock Rss

Just wondering if there are any women out there that have had water births and could tell me what it was like, if the pain was reduced, and if there were any complications.

Have any women out there had a land birth as well as a water birth to give a comparison. If so does anyone know of any places in Melbourne or Victoria that do water births, as I know there are not many around.

Cheers
Jo
Mum of two, third due 8/9/06
My last birth wasn't a water birth but I want to this time. With my last labour I found that the only way I got any relief was to sit in the bath so that's why I want to try it.

My good friend had a water birth for her first bub, and raves about it.

I'm not in Melb, so sorry I can't help with the other questions, but good luck.

Logan 03/05/05 Lily 06/11/06

I am hoping to have a water birth... I find now, even before I was pregnant, that I got the most pain relief from aching muscles and pains in the bath. My husband tells me I'm a hippie (LOL) but I think it would be a wonderful thing... Less pressure on the body and less stress to the baby if your less stressed!!

I spoke to my hospital and they were pretty fine with the idea (small town) and will do what they can.

Number3forme- I think if you spoke to your hospital or local clinic they could point you in the right direction! I hope you find what your looking for!

Glad you posted, I was just about to do a post on this to see if there were other women out there thinking the same as me!!

Hope your all well and your pregnancies are doing fine!!!

Liz- baby number 1
Sign in to follow this topic