Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Not sleeping Lock Rss

Hi Guys,

I am 25 weeks pregnant with my third child, my other two children are 6 & 8 years old. The problem I seem to have is that I am not sleeping very well. I am lucky to get 4 hours sleep a night, and as I work on my feet 7 days a fortnight and then have a household to run I am totally exhausted and expect that I will sleep (but I am wrong). I have tried everything, warm soy drink before bed, warm shower, reading, aromatherapy, you name it i have tried it. I am also worried becuase I am not getting adequate sleep and I have a naturally low blood pressure, I experience a few times a day, major light headedness and feel like I am going to faint. I have spoken to my OB about the sleeping and he suggested a sleeping pill (which I am not willing to take), and I have spoken to him about the faintness and he told me that I need to rest more (Ha, Ha thats a joke). My hubby has a perfect nights sleep, but when he gets up for work in the morning he wakes me with the noise and the lights. He is on call for work for a week once a month, which I will be spending that week sleeping on the couch. It makes no difference if I am on the couch or in bed I can't sleep either way. Have any of you out there experienced sleeplessness and have you got any ideas I can use to help me sleep.

Cheers
Jo Country Victoria
I stopped sleeping at 20 weeks on Poppy and was awake by 2am every day for the rest of the pregnancy, with working in the day it was hard to get a nap in. then I had my daughter and she woke every 50 mins day and night till 10 months when I went to Karitane for help. She was an angel and they sorted it in 2 days - problem was within 2 weeks of my new sleepy child care, I got pregnant again. I am due in 3 weeks and its been the same with this one plus I work in the day. Who needs sleep smile

I have moved into my own room which my husband is happy with cause hes sick of not sleeping and I go on the couch and I drink hot milk and because I still cant sleep i have stopped trying. I lie completly still and think about resting my body and dont get hung up on the being asleep thing. I win the lottery and spend the money - I now need the full 27 million to be able to afford all of the complicated things I have bought. I think of fields of flowers and what I would plant (not htat I ever garden or anything), I just htink about nice things and refuse to let myself think about work, home, money, problems etc as I am sure that doesnt rest me. Takes some practice but I feel much more rested now. I also seem more comfortable when I am not trying to be comfortable enough to sleep

good luck
vivienne

Vivienne, Mooloolaba

You r not alone my hips and back ache and always stop me from sleeping i havent slept through 1 nite since i found out i was pregnant, and I am 28weeks now.
Maybe if u can have a nap during the day it seems 2 be easier sometimes.
Take care.
Luv Becky

Mum2Nath&Jess

Hi! I know the feeling of not sleeping well whilst pregnant, I am 36 wks and have been fiinding it hard for a while. I got myself a full length body pillow which I use to support my belly when I am on my side and if I do lay on my back, I put a pillow under the top of my thighs which relieves all the pressure in the lower back.
Hope you can get some sleep soon!

Alicia, QLD, mum to Kiara born 10.07.06

Sign in to follow this topic