Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Is My Baby Shrinking? Lock Rss

Hi Ladies,

I have just been to the midwife clinic, I am 40.3 weeks and last week (39 weeks) I was measuring 38 weeks fundal height. I was told this was common, as I had been about a week behind anyway for the past few check-ups. However, this week I went and the midwife said I was only measuring 34 weeks!!!! Is this normal? I asked the midwife and she was a bit concerned and booked me in to see the Dr on Monday. Has anyone else had this happen to them? How can it shrink? Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks

Tracey
Hi I am not too sure, but I was under the impression that your fundal height measures smaller when the baby has dropped into your pelvis at the end of pregnancy.
But then if your midwife was concerned..... Maybe I am wrong.

Sorry I am no help. Though I completly understand your concern, there is so much to learn when you are pregnant!!! (I learn alot from this website).LOL

Goodluck... though I am sure everthing is fine.smile
hi there i dont think your baby is shrinking it could be the way the baby is laying i wouldn't worry about it to much i was told that my baby was not measuring propley but then the week after he was as i said it could just be the way the bubs is laying good luck hope it gose well.

qld mother of 4yr zac 2yr landon and baby noah

hey honey please dont worry yourself at all!!

Babies as you know are on the move , squishing themselves in all sorts of tight spots, so you belly will always seem smaller or larger, and your baby may have dropped just a touch into your pelvis,so you measurments will always change, sit bsck realx, and enjoy your wonderful journey to motherhood

xxxx

Lillie....1 year old!!!

Sign in to follow this topic