Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Tips for labour Lock Rss

Hi everyone!

I thought i would start a thread on labour tips which everyone can add things to (that they have heard about or experienced themselves), for us all to read.

Heres mine:

Stressballs - worked great for me i had one in each hand and when i felt a contraction coming on i would grab them and squish them (saved hubbys hands).

Plastic massagers - Not sure what these are actually called but mine was in the shape of a turtle i was so glad i had this because my baby was around the wrong way and i had a lot of back pain this really helped!

Icy poles - Good for sucking on in labour nice and cold (i also needed stitches so i would put one in my knickers under my pad and it numbed the area!!!)

I took a little outfit of my babies and put it where i could see it at all times so when my contractions would start i could focus on it and remember what the end result was going to be!

Pads - in all different sizes, i stocked up on only the surfboard size because thats everyone told me i would need but after the first couple of days i didn't want to use the thicker ones anymore!

This is all i can think of at the moment if i think of anymore i will add them on!

I hope that i have been helpful for some and that you all have some good tips that i can use next time i'm in labour!!!

DS 1 Year, #2 due Jan 07

definitely icy poles. i sent MIL out at god-knows-what-time in the morning to find somewhere that was open because i wanted a callipo!

Tania. WA, Daniel - 26/01/06... smile

I hosed the ice while in labour also as my mouth just got so dry. I would be sucking on it, then a contraction would start and I would just spit it out at my hubby as I didn't want to risk choking on it!
I also focused on the thought that I would have my baby in 48 hours or less!
And yes, as above - drugs! I only had pethadine, but certainly would have kept going for the next if the pain ended up too intense.

DD1 July 2004 DD2 August 2007 DS September 2009

Sign in to follow this topic