Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

How many actually remember? Lock Rss

I was told too many times to count that after the brith of my baby i would not remember the pain of the labour.... or the contractions etc..

So I wonder if this is true for all...

I know I was skeptical but I dont remember the pain at all. And i only had gas... I can remember SOMEof the labour and somewhere in my mind I know what the contractions felt like.

But when someone asks me I cant explain them... So I guess I forgot smile

Good thing otherwise we would all only have the one baby.

Intreguied to hear your thoughts.

Ebony

I remembered how painful birth was but until I was in labour again I had forgotton just how painful the whole experience is! Like you say just as well we forget or we would only ever have one! I think as soon as the baby is born the extreme pain of labour is usually forgotton, as it is a huge relief it is all over and baby has arrived.

Nikki, Brissie, mum of 3,

although there are large chunks of my labour that i dont remember (complications. lots of drugs. very stressful), the bits i do remember, i remember vividly. i remember 'talking myself through' the contractions, i remember what it felt like, and i remember how it felt actually giving birth. i remember it like it was yesterday.
it is not something i wish to repeat... ever! in saying that however, it is not the worst pain i have felt. after DS was born, i was getting 'attacks' which were more painful than giving birth (gallstones). definitely will not be repeating that!

Tania. WA, Daniel - 26/01/06... smile

Hi,
Well i have had 2 boys so far and my first i remember how intense everything got really quick but i don't remember the pain. the second i had a back labour and although very painful at the time (i was in tears alot) i cant tell you how much it hurt, obviously otherwise i wouldn't be going back for a third.
Laura
I was just reading some of the posts on this subject and I thought it was just me....
I remember the contractions at home and calling my best friend who came to the hospital with me and my partner.
I remember getting to the hospital and staying awake all night giggling with my friend, while my partner slept on the couch.
The next morning I had Macdonalds for brekkie and at lunch time I was given something to hurry things along...
And from then on, I only remember bits and pieces.
Like the gas, (I sucked on that thing like there was no tomorrow) The nurse even got me a pink gas mask bit for the end as I was dressed all in pink!
I remember being asked if I wanted more pain killers...
And I remember the pethadine kicking in... Woo Hoo..
Everything after that was a bit sureal!
I can't describe the contractions, although I do remember that towards the end they seemed to be coming one on top of the other.
It has only been 4 months but it really feels like a million years ago.
When I went to my OB/GYN for my 6 week check up it felt weird walking in there and not being pregnant and it felt like another lifetime ago that I was.
Does anyone else feel thet their recent pregnancy
seems like it was a distant memory?
I am really interested to hear your stories....

Ree
I remember everything as it were yesterday, even though it was 3 years ago. I guess it depends on how the birth was. My daughter was born at 23.2 weeks and weighed 450 grams and spent just over 5 months in hospital before coming home. I can pretty much remember everything while she was in hospital.

Mum to Brooke 23.2 weeks, 450 grams now 3.5 yrs

Sign in to follow this topic