Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Labour and Birth
  5. Shanaye Louise May was finally born

Shanaye Louise May was finally born Rss

Hi all,

I finally had my little girl on 13th November at 1107am. She was a week overdue. She was 3.4kilos, 51cm. What a horrible labour. I went in by myself as my sister couldn't make it coz it was her daughter's 1st birthday. My waters broke at 1245am so i made my way to the hospital. contractions started about an hour later and were 3 minutes apart as soon as they started. Saw the doctor and he said i wasn't in labour yet so i went up to the maternity ward. After 3 uncomfortable hours i went to the labour ward to have a shower. I didn't take any of my stuff with me coz was meant to go back to the ward. That didn't happen. The midwife decided to see how far dilated i was so i could start the gas. She said i wouldn't be 1cm yet but i was already 5cm. So much for not being in labour yet. Things started going slow so she induced me to speed things up. Big mistake. I was having 4 contractions in a row without a break. A few hours passed and i got to the pushing stage. She didn't want to come out. Her head was stuck and she was going into distress so doctor came and gave me an episiotomy so they could do a vacuum suction. She was finally born. Was in labour for 10 and 1/2 hours and ended up in theater being sewn up coz i had third degree tears. Not an easy labour but well worth it. I got out of hospital today after 10 days. On Shanaye's 4th day of life she became sick with jaundice and was in a bilibed under the lights up until 2 days ago. I had to feed her every 3 hours so i'm very tired. It was so hard not being able to hold her. It's all over now and i have a beautiful little girl which makes it all worth it. I still have alot of problems in the toilet department. I have no bladder control and no feeling or use of my muscles. Have to go to an aged care facility to get it fixed. ha ha. Anyway this is probably too much information so i'll leave it at that. It's a great feeling to be a mum. Time to go make some bottles. I was unable to breastfeed unfortunately.

Take care all and thanks for all your kind words and wishes.

Jen, a very proud mum.

Jenni, mum of Shanaye born 13-11-2004.

Hey Jen!

CONGRATULATIONS on becoming a mama!!
luv Sam and Evie x x x x x

SaM, EviE NoV 03 AnD TuLLy AuG 05

Congrats on your new bubby,
sometimes arfter having a baby you get problems in the toilet department, you need to try some pelvic floor excercises.
1o and a half hours is good (for a first, is this your first?).
My little boy was jaundiced too, but didnt need treatment, dont worry most new babies feed every 3-4 hours, some want it every 2hours.
I know it tiring but beleive me youll get use to it within the next month or two.

Good luck with your new bubby

Rochelle, mother of 2

congratulations.after all the littl eproblems i bet that its all worth it!!!!!! smile i bet that your family is proud of what a good job you have done

natasha jayde - 1-1-05 ttc #2 end ong this year

hi jen its fil here!!!

Sorry its taken a while to catch up but i am sure you understand! these little girls take up so much time (best time spent)

My gosh - 3rd degree tears that must have been awful and really painfull. I must admit i cannnot fully understand as i myself had to have an emergency c section. I do understand the sadness of not being able to hold your little one. You are so right though it is all worth it in the end. I also couldnt bfeed so Gaby is on the bottle and that has been a nightmare. very fussy little girl when it comes to teats.
i was induced as well and my waters broke naturally - i was so looking forward to the labour experience but there was merconium in my waters and when i got to the delivery suite we lost her heart beat on the monitor- it all happened so fast. i was put under general so i didnt get to see her at all. my hubby tells me it took a total of seven mnutes for the op and i was in recovery fir over 1 hour. the best news in all that pain was that i had a healthy little girl weighing in at 4.5 kilos 51cm waiting for me.
i will have to go back to hosp in a day or so as i have had some internal bleeding so may not be able to chat for a while. bit dissappointed but will be happier and healthier when i come home.

i hope all is going well for you and you are recovering and also getting use to the lack of sleep.

Sleep - whoever thought it was so precious, then you look into that little face and get a burst of energy.......amazing!!!

chat soon
Fil

Filomena, 1st baby due 6.11.04

Hi Fil,

Sorry to hear about all your problems during birth. It's all worth it in the end. I'm recovering slowly. All the tearing caused alot of pain and trouble for me in the toilet department. Hopefully it will get better soon.

My baby is fussy with teats too. She is a little piggy and would feed non stop if she could. You had a big baby. Shanaye is now 3.7 kilos at 2 and 1/2 weeks. She only wakes for one feed during the night which is great. She is a good girl. I don't mind the lack of sleep at all. Not sure if i'll be saying that in a few months though. ha ha.

Sorry to hear about your internal bleeding. I hope everything goes well for you when you go to hospital. Hopefully you recover fast so you can get back to enjoying your new baby girl. I wish you all the best and i look forward to chatting with you soon. Take care. Big hugs to you and Gaby from Shanaye and me.

Jen.

Jenni, mum of Shanaye born 13-11-2004.

congrats thats my sisters bday!

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Sign in to follow this topic