Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Labour and Birth
  5. Just Wondering about being induced????

Just Wondering about being induced???? Rss

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has ever been told how many weeks is to early to be induced???
This is my first baby and I have had a few complications with the pregnancy and suffering from alot of pain I spoke to a doctor about being induced and me being almost 37 weeks i thought it would be ok but he says that it is far to early as babys lungs are still maturing. However i had a placenta abbruption at 28 weeks and was given steriod injections to mature the babys lungs. If anyone could help I would really appericate it

Michelle, WA, Rhylee 15 months bubs due sep!!!

hi. not sure how early is too early but i had toxemia and i was induced at 35 weeks, my son wasnt breathing properly, but he was only in the neo natal unit for 24 hours, then he was fine. hope that helps.

The Deeks 07/08/02, Googie 23/11/04

i am not sure, i was induced at 41 weeks only cause bubs was being overcooked and didn't want to come out!
Hi I had gestanial diebeties was told 38 wks was earliest they like to induce as lungs not fully formed. Can be done earlier with risk. My bub was 38wks & in neo-natal 2 1/2 days watching lungs.
Hope this is some help

mum to 5

Hi,
I was induced at 36wks because my waters broke without contractions,

My daughter had a lung infection and spent 7 days in the special care nursery.

I had a C/section at 37 weeks with twins and they were both fine.
I was induced at 39 weeks with the second only to make it easier for me to have my other children looked after. He was fine as well.
All doctors will try and get any pregnant woman to full term to try and avoid any complictions at all.
Even though you were given steriod injections to help mature the baby's lungs there is still risks for the baby being born this early.
Just try and hang in there for at least a couple more weeks, and get as much rest as you can.
With my second I was in lots of pain in the groin and emotionly as well but the earliest my doc would do anythink was at 39 weeks.
The longer you can go the better things will be for all in the end as even if the baby has mature lungs the baby may have problems in feeding etc.
So hang in there.
Dianne
Hi,
I was induced with Lochie (my first) when I was 3 days overdue. He was 10lb 2oz (4590g). My obstetrician told me next time he will induce me two weeks early as the next one will more than likely be bigger! I won't have any objections because by this stage I knew I was getting to be a bit over it (the pregnancy)!!!

My babies are all grown up sad

Hi Michelle

I had high blood pressure with both my pregancies and was induced with my first at just under 38 weeks and he was absolutely perfect and required no extra attention and with the second baby was just short of 39 weeks and he to was fine and we went home the next day.

Hope this helps.

Kerry mum to Corey 2 & 1/2 and Hayden 6mths

Kerry Mum to 2 little DS ratbags

Hi
All three of mine were induced!
The first at 38 weeks, he was a little jaundiced but other than that fine.
My next two were induced 4 days & 3 days over.
smile

Adelaide, sahm, 2 boys 1 girl

hi i have been induced twice the first was at 36 1/2 weeks and the second was at 34 1/2 weeks early, it all depends on the person looking after you on the day you ask the baby is fully developed by 36 weeks the last 4 weeks of pregnancy is for the baby to put on weight so that it can handle the being born no doctor would induce you before 32 weeks unless you or the baby were at risk a baby can be born upto 8 weeks early with out serious complications but again it all depends on the baby some can be born on time and still have complications, most doctors though will only induce you if you have something wrong with you (what they consider wrong) or if your waters break as there is a high risk of infection but that still depends on how early it is, if you have a good midwifed ask her for advice on trying things to induce your self or sometime if you get a realy good midwife she mite do a cervixal sweep to helpsoften your cervix that can help induce labour it can be a little painfull though
i hope this is helpfull, if you have any questions you would like to ask me my email address is
NataleeWight@hotmail.com
Hey there I was induced at 39 weeks due to high blood pressure, it would've been done two weeks prior to that if my cervix had at all been ready, as it was I laboured full on (1 long 2 mins apart from the start!) for 7 hours, dialated all of 1 cm, baby got distressed and I ended up with an emergency caesar.

It is aparently ( I have not experienced going into labour naturally) more intense with an induction, and it was full on and pretty painful, so there are a lot of things to consider with an induction, but all in all, they will do it if things get pretty bad. I was induced a day earlier then originally planned as my girl was not faring so well, and had very little fluid around her, even though my waters had not broken. But take care and enjoy YOUR time while you still have it ahahah and good luck everything will work out fine!!

Love Kel and Mckenzie xoxoxoxoxoxo

Mckenzie Cate 28/7/04 & Lexi Breanne 10/5/07

hi there,
it is alot moe painfull and very intence when you are induced and it is even worse when your cervix is not ready, it can cause permanant damage (it did with me). my advice would be if you do need to be induced because your water breaks make them do an internal before they induce you, they did with me and i had to have an emergancy ceaser because my son was faceing the wrong way they made me go through 5 hours of labour before they checked were he was, and you will generally wait up at the hospital a good 4-5 hours befoe they will induce you after your waters break. honoustly i would rather go into labour naturally becaue it is less painfull and your body is ready, but if you want to help your body get ready rasberry leaf tea helps to soften your cervix and helps to lessen the pain of labour it may not work for everyone but it won't hurt you or your baby were alot of other things can, and if this is your first it is best i think to let your body go through the experiance at it's own timei hope this helps, good luck with haveing your little one,
Sign in to follow this topic