Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Labour and Birth
  5. Second birth different from the first

Second birth different from the first Rss

Hi everyone,

I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy on the 6th of Sept and we named him Eli James!
This is my second bub and I wanted to let you all know not to go on your first labour experience. First time I had a gruelling 21 hour labour with pethadine. This one was exactly 1 hour 3 minutes from the time of my first contraction. I nearly had him in the car on the way! I didn't even make it up to the labour ward, I gave birth in emergency in the first bed I found to climb up on!!!! It only took one push and the head was out and the second I had my wonderful little boy. No drugs, no time for them!!!!
We're both doing well and his 4yr old sister Angelina is as proud as punch!

Gina

Gina,QLD 4yrs girl & due 2/9/06

OMG.. wow.. congrats.... my second bubba is due in april next year.. i really hope my next labour is like that.. my first was an emerg cesarean..

I love my babies .....

WOW!
Congratulations!!!

I have heard that subsequent deliveries are faster. I hope mine's not that fast cos I think hubby will freak out if I don't get to the hospital in time smile

I'm a little nervous, because I was induced for 1st baby and didn't go in naturally. I'll have NO IDEA about what to expect...how to time contractions etc etc.

Oh well, I'm sure it'll all work out smile

Enjoy your new bubby!

C4Lin, WA ; DS(1) 25 02 04 ; DS(2) 10 10 06

Congratulations Gina,

I had the same thing happen to me, My first I was in labour for 9 hours and had a water birth, With my second I expected at least 6 hours and didnt want to go to hospital just because my waters had broken as labour hadnt started. My husband said no I have to take you up there as thats what mum said and she is meeting us up there. Got to hospital and nothing was happening so hubby and MIL took my son and got the carseat and my bag, by the time he came back I was half way through my labour and it wasnt long before my daughter was born. 55 mins of labour is all it took It was a much more intence labour by OMG i was schocked at how quickly it happened, I didnt realise you didnt need very long to give birth.

Once again Congratulations and hope all is well with you and Bub. Welcome Eli James.

Mel, Bailey 30/3/03, Jaida 10/12/04 & EDD 3/3/07

Big Congrat's on your baby boy, I to am having my second bubs, my first boy just turned five last week and am due in 4 weeks. I hope this one is faster than my last labour, but I still couldn't complain as that labour was only 3 hours. Knowing my luck though I will be in labour for hours this time round (hopefully not).

Again BIG CONGRATULATIONS on your new BUBS.

Sam smile

2nd child due 17th Oct

Sign in to follow this topic