Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

which is worse?? Lock Rss

just wanted to hear from anyone who has had a c/s and a bad tear.. my son was born via c/s and the recovery was really painful. he was 10 pound and i am scared of tearing with my next( we are ttc atm) did anyone have a c/s and a tear from different births? which one had a more painful recovery?? i would really like to try for a VBAC next time

Blake Mathew 6.12.05 Mason Alexander 14.8.07

I didnt tear but I had an epesiotomy (forcepts delivery as DD2 was posteriour), does that count?? Although my c/s recovery was not too painful, the recovery from my vbac wins hands down. I walked my DD1 to daycare (40 min walk) the day after I got home from hospital. It was a bit uncomfortable when sitting for long periods but thats about it really. I took panadol a few times as DD2 spent 5 days in hospital at a week old and those plastic hospital chairs are a killer at the best of times. I would highly recommend trying VBAC if at all posible.

Mumma to DD1 Jan 04 and DD2 Mar 06

I had a natural birth with my son and ended up with a second degree tear. For me, I had no idea I had torn until the doctor said he was just going to stitch me up and it really wasn't too much of a bother. You're a bit tender and swollen but if you use the ice pad things they give you in hospital it's ok. Although I haven't had a c/s years ago I had an operation where I needed the same type of incision and all I can say is I would definitely prefer a bit of a tear during birth than the recovery from a c/s. Hope this helps.
Sign in to follow this topic