Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Labour and Birth
  5. WHY DO YOU GO TO RECOVERY AFTER A C SECTION??

WHY DO YOU GO TO RECOVERY AFTER A C SECTION?? Rss

Hi,

Just a question, if you have a elective c section, what do you go in the recovery room for afterwards?? Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question!!

Well any operation requires you to spend some time in recovery where there is one on one care. Basically you are there until the spinal/epi meds wear off and also so your vitals are checked, ie blood pressure, heart rate, respiration etc. A lot of people go into physicological shock after elective c/s (as well as sometimes in very very fast vag deliveries) as the body hasnt initiated labour and hence is reacting to the uninitiated removal of baby and placenta. This is usually seen as increased or decreased bp and usually decreased body temperature coupled with tremors or shakes.

HTH

Mumma to DD1 Jan 04 and DD2 Mar 06

hey there.
any question for a woman having a baby is not dumb. same for someone who doesnt know about these things.hehe
anyway my answer for your question is. it doesnt matter if it was elective or not. mine was emergency c as i did not progress. all they do is put you there for a few minutes or whatever depending what you had sugery for and check your obs, things like that and check your paperwork to see where they are to take you to.
i was still numb the next morning in the feet a little so they dont wait til you can feel everything. just long enough for them to have everything ready when they take you back. and that someone is there to tuck you in.
if you want to know more why not ask someone at the hospital or your doctor. they will give the up to date info on things like that.
hope it has helped.
tegan

tyson 19/8/05, Hayden 30/5/07

Sign in to follow this topic