Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

TENS Labour machines Lock Rss

Hi girls,

Just wanting some feedback on these TENS machines in labour... i've read a few birth stories where the mum has used them and they say they've helped quite a bit.

Im trying for a natural birth without epidural or pethidine so these look great!

Has anyone got any experiences with these? helpful? eased the pain?

thanks smile
I had one of these while I was in early labour in hospital. I didn't like it all that much, didn't find that it helped all that much with coping with the pain. The hospital midwives taped it to me, so it was a bit of a pain in the a$$ when I wanted to get in and out of the shower (I found this more effective). Everyone is different with pain relief, so it wouldn't hurt for you to give it a try...if you don't like it, don't use it!! lol....best of luck!

I used one for my VBAC and it was fantastic. DD2 ended being posteriour so had mostly a back labour. I didnt really think it was doing much ....untill the leads came off and it stopped working and BOY did I notice! It doesnt take the pain away but certainly made it much more bearable for a much longer time.

My SIL just had a natural drug free labour with her first using only TENS and it worked for her as well. My advice would be to give it a go. There are always those few that any pain relief doesnt work for but as there is no side effect for user or baby you are not risking anything.

Good Luck

Mumma to DD1 Jan 04 and DD2 Mar 06

Sign in to follow this topic