Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Question for Second Time Mummies Lock Rss

I have a question that's probably a little silly but I'm wondering how your tummy's were during your second (or more) pregnancies?

Mine seems to be huge already at 12wks and I definitely wasn't this big last time. Is this usually just due to the muscles being more relaxed or has it actually indicated that you'll be bigger throughout the duration?

Just curious. Last time I ended up like a baby elephant seal (lol) and this time I have a sneaking suspicion I'm going to graduate to be the bull elephant seal. smile

Tarns

Hi,
at my 34 week check I tried to convince my OB/GYN that she must have my dates wrong, but alas she assured me it was only the joy of being a mum second time around. She said the closer the preg the more like this you feel. I have just under 5 weeks to go and I feel like I did when I was full term with my daughter.
The nice thing is I felt all the movements earlier and I can feel bits of him easier.
Bec

Bec, NsW, charlie 5, AJ almost 3

This is my third and I was noticeably pregnant at 12 weeks too. It's been 8 years since my second baby, so I had forgotten what I was like with him and the fast rate of expansion was a shock. If it's any consolation I haven't keep getting bigger at that rate. Now at 20 weeks I'm not much bigger than I was at 12. Just like Bec, I picked up the baby movements a lot earlier than I expected and that's a real bonus.

Kerryn, Launceston

Hi Tarns

I too started showing really early with my second, I felt bigger all the way through and thought I was going to have an even bigger baby than first time (my son was 8 1/2 lbs). But my daughter (2nd baby) was only just over 7lbs at birth. I did feel her movements a lot earlier than with my son as well. I think it is due to the fact that your muscles have already been stretched to capacity smile !

All the best with the rest of your pregnancy.

Jasmine
Thank you all so much for your replies - I feel a lot more relaxed now. smile

Tarns

Sign in to follow this topic