Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Bringing on Labour Rss

Does anyone have any suggestions...I am so ready to have this baby and I want any ideas on how I can make her come join us.

Please help!!!

Lisa - Tyler (06/05), Emily (05/07)

go for a swim. my Dh grnadma had his mum by swimming.
other than that ppl say walking..that always brough on ver strong BH 4 me and curry but i couldnt eat hot food...
I couldnt swim caue it was to cold and im not a pool person

mum to bayden 25/02/05

lots of SEX! hate to say it but my doctor even said it to me, when i was saying i want it all to be over - the only thing she could suggest was sex. apparently there is something in a mans cum, a chemical (cant remember what its called) that can make you start contractions. BUT it has to be alot of cum, or sex a few times... she also suggested exercise, walking helps the baby go further into the pelvice.

mumsgroup.tk -Kayden 31.1.05 & Tianah 25.8.06

I tried everything to bring on my labour, nothing worked, but hopefully it will work for you.

Sex and lots of it
Hot curries
Walking
Bouncing on a gym ball
raspberry leaf tablets/tea
castor oil (that is really horrible stuff)
nipple tweaking

I do hope one of these things help you.

Amanda and Oscar (22 Feb 05)

i was due the day you wrote your post and here I still am pregnant. You can try a whole range of things which others have outlined in previous posts and they may or may not work. I personally have drunk enough rasberry leaf tea over the past month to fill a bath. An exam by the Doc on friday revealed that I wasnt ready or anywhere near it in fact so the likely scenario for me is an induction next week, this will be my third induction. We chatted about all those things that women do to bring on labour and the doc said in the end its all up to your body and nothing can change that. He also told me that there are 5% of women who have some long named syndrome that causes them not to go into a natural labour, they dont test for it so you really wont know if you fall into that 5%. My suggestion to you is to try all those things that the others suggest if you are happy to, but relax and utilise this time to really spoil yourself. It may be the last few weeks you get where you can do this. Remember some people are lucky and do have shorter pregnancies than other women but the best outcome is whats best for that little bundle of eagerly awaited joy you have been lugging about with you for all these months. Good luck.

sharon, mum to Zen born 27/05/05

i have appsolutly no advice for you or any one else. both my labours were overdue. my first was 11 days over and was induced and my seconde was 12 days over but happened naturally. that day i didnt do anything special so i cant help. one thing though about having sex, for me it did bring on contractions from 25 weeks but it never induced labour.

Cheryl,SA,Danika born 24.10.03 Matthew born 5.3.05

Hi. You probably have had the baby now but I am 3 weeks and 1 day from due date with my first and I always say to everyone that I will be a week late at least. So I think if you believe you will be late you wont be fixed on a date. My partner and mum who are both coming in the labour room with me both said they are gonna smack the bub's bum if he is that late!!!

Tracey,NSW

My daughter is now 3 months. When i was around 37 weeks i started on the raspberry tea. i drunk 3 cups a day. At first i thought it was horrible but continuted thinking if this help get me into labour..well so be it!!! I also had lot's of sex!! 2 weeks before my due date i started getting a very faint crampy feeling. I went to the hospital (as i had major complications with my first) and to my suprise i was 4 cms and my daughter was born 2 hours later..no drugs!! no stiches!!

Hi
This topic brings up memories of 5 months ago!!!
My midwife did a membrane sweep and well it hurt so much but im sure this helped little samantha come into this world! It is so uncomfortable when the midwide did it but was well worth it!! Good Luck xx

christina - 3 darling children

Sign in to follow this topic