Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Twins gestation Lock Rss

Anyone who has had twins... I'd like to know how far along you were when they were born... ie. 36, 37 weeks, etc.

I am pregnant with twins and my first baby was born by ceasar after a failed induction 2 weeks early, weighing 9lb 6oz.

Because my twins are fraternal & have their own placentas etc, I'm concerned that I'll have 2 x 9-pounders which wouldn't fit at all!!! Aargh!!!

Lyn, QLD, Boy (11.03.03) & Twin Girls (31.10.05)

Hi Lynn

How exciting! Congratulations. My girl/boy twins are now almost 14 months old. I had placenta previa and I bled at 32 weeks. I was kept in hospital after that, and after 3 weeks, at 35 weeks and 5 days, I bled for the 3rd time, at which point they delivered the twins by c-sect. They weighed 2.75kg and 2.25 kg. At their 12 mth paediatrician check-up the paed said they have "caught up". I think they are still small compared to full term singletons, but then, good things come in small packages!

Good luck with your pregnancy!

Twins' Mum, VIC, E & A born 4/04

hi Lyn,
I had my twins identical girls at 31 weeks, they decided the time was right & were comming.
They were 3lb 3 & 3lb 12.
I had one placenta & man it was huge.(sorry)

I suppose if i had of gone full term they would have been 7lb.

Your doc should be able to give you some idea on what he thinks their size maybe?

Good luck when are you due?
hi, i had my fraternal twins at 38 weeks Taneisha was 7 pound and Braydon was 6 pound 14, we had a csection.
goodluck and just msg me if you have any more questions.
my twins are 2 months old now.

Mum to Taniesha & Braydon born on the 8th June 05

Hi lyn,
my sister had non-identicle twins in '03. she was induced at 37weeks as one of the girls wasnt growing as well as the other. she had 4 days of labour until she had a c-section, and her girls weighed in at 4lb4oz, and5lb4oz,and very healthy smile
amanda
I couldn't get mine out! I was induced a 39+5 weeks because I was showing no signs of labour, cervix was hard and everything! Had first natural, second caesar because she flipped into an awkward position. First was 6p8oz, second was 6p2oz, huge for twins! They had their own placentas too, but are identical. If you decide to have normally, get a good obstetrician (it's actually really cheap) and READ! I was told a lot of crap, but go with what you want to do, not the rules imposed by a hospital who just wants to get it over and done with as quickly as possible. I opted for a bung in my hand (just in case) no epidural, no contraction enhancing drugs, and monitoring I could move with ( but i was so big I didn't move at all!) The caesar was just one of those rare things, but i'd do it all over again. Enjoy your peace while it lasts, it'll be insane for a while but gets better quickly!

Kelly, 22, 1 @ 25/1/04, 2 @9/3/05, [email protected]/4/06

Hi, I have twin girls, Madison and Abigail.
They were born on the 22/10/04 after a four hour labour. They were 35 weeks when they were born, Abigail was 4 pounds 15 ounces and Madison was 4 pound 13 ounces. It was a very straight forward labour though considering there were twins, I was told I had to have an epidural just incase I had to have an emergancy c-section, plus I had monitoring and a few other little things. At the time I never wanted to go through it again but now I think I would once I've seen what I have come out with.
Anyway good luck and I hope you have lots of help because I think you will need it for the first few months anyway, mine now sleep 12 hours at night which is great but the days are full on, I still think some days I'm not going to survive....LOL

Hi there,

I'm due in about 2 1/2 weeks but only with the 1 baby.

Now i know nothing about twins exactly but my sister in law had twins not so long ago - her's were in for 38 weeks, which she thought was a long time, 1 was in the high 6lbs & the other was low 7lbs.

Although she was HUGE when she had them by caesar - they both came out fine with no problems or anything so maybe you'll be lucky & they wont be as big as baby #1.

Kel, SA, Mum to Lillian Rose - 06/06/06

Sign in to follow this topic