Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

stiches Lock Rss

Has anybody had to have stiches with their first baby and not had to have them the second time around? Just curious as thats the part that really scares me. I don't want to have to have them again.
Hi,

I had stitches with #1 as I tore. He had his hand up alngside his face when he was born. I didn't need any with #2 becasue I didn't tear at all. Doesn't necessarily happen with the second just because it did with the first.

Andrae,WA - Liam, Siobhan and Erin

I was told by my midwife last night that there is no connection between tearing the first time and again in following labours - every labour is different.

HI I HAD A LITTLE GIRL AND SHE WAS 9POUNDS I HAD 85 STICHES AND WAS SO SCARED WHEN I HAD MY SECOND CHILD ,HE WAS 8.5POUNDS AND I DIDN`T EVEN GET A GRAZE
Hi everyone. Thanks so much for your replies. It makes me feel a little better about going back and having no. 2. The healing of the stitches was the worst part for me and am very scared of it happening again. Knowing my luck it probably will but if there is a chance that i won't i'll hold onto that thought. Thanks smile
Episiotomy and stitches with DD (7 pound 3 oz)
Small tear and 1 stitch with DS (7 pound 5 oz)
Not so much as a graze with DS (8 pound 11 oz)
But have friend who has had stitches with all 4 of hers. Episiotomies for first 3 and really bad tear with No. 4. Heard from midwife friend that she probably had bad scar tissue.

faith

i had stitches both times, and both of their heads were exactly 34.5cm. second time not as many though and healed much quicker

kylan and jayda, keeping me on my toes!

Wow, I'm glad I read this post. I tore with my first bub and have been worrying (yes already smile about same happening with next one, mainly because the Obstetrician told me as I'd torn with Ava I probably would with the second... seems that's not necessarily the case and I'm glad about that!!
I had 3rd degree tears with my first which was born 7lb 7oz and only had a slight grave with bub #2 which was born 8lb 5oz with a much bigger head.

tay 4.11.02 jack 26.04.05 grace 17.09.07

i didnt get any stitches with DS i was a lil shattered thinking i must have been 'loose' not to tear but thats wen the midwife informed me that it has EVERYTHING to do with the way the baby works with ur body, so 1st bub and 2nd bub dont think it matters every labour is different!
hey everybody,

i didn't get stitches either i had a slight graze (which still made it hard to go to the toilet). bub was 8lbs 9oz.
due for #2 on 2nd Dec 2007 hoping not to tear this time.

Hey, just a question for those who didnt tear... did you stop pushing / slow things down and pant when bubs was crowning? Just wondering if this assist with prevention of tearing or is it just something that happens to some?
Sign in to follow this topic