Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Labour and Birth
  5. Have other mum's found their 2nd labours to be better than their 1st?

Have other mum's found their 2nd labours to be better than their 1st? Rss

hey michelle, thanks for your reply... sorry it made you cry. must be those hormones eh?? Hope your going into your second birth with an open mind as Im am sure these things dont happen too often.I remember during my pregnancy I used to get upset over the silliest things but I must admit it is a lovely story and I have every intention of telling him in full detail how the labour went...one day. especially when hes being a little s*#t!. Lots and lots a good luck to you for july!!
Hi ,,,,

I have 2 children already... my first took 9 and 1/2 hours ( I SHOULDNT REALLY COMPLAIN KNOWING WHAT OTHERS GO THROUGH)

my second was easy LESS THEN 2 HOURS!!!!!!!!!
(although not all the placenta came out so i had that operation, but i was sleeping so it was all easy)

Im now pregnant with my 3rd (its been 3 and 1/2 years since my second) im suffering!!!!!!! i never had morning sickness with first 2.... now i sick 24/7.............

SO I THINK ITS......... YOU NEVER KNOW HOW ITS GONNA WORK>>>>>>>> I WISH THIS ONE WAS EASIER THEN MY SECOND...........BUT THIS IS HOW ITS COME,,,,, STILL HAPPY THOUGH
Enigma...

THANKYOU SO MUCH smile

Michelle
Michelle....

Hey anytime, how many weeks are you now? Im sending you happy vibes for the next birth!! luck luck luck (lotsa luck)
Enigma,

I will be 15 weeks on Friday...

All is well here, how about you?

Michelle
Hi michelle, 15 weeks! cool. My name is Rhiannon by the way.I so loved being pregnant it was such a buzz for me but I didnt want to take it for granted because I never thought Id ever get pregnant. We tried for 3 years with no luck! My doctor done a whole lot of fertility tests on me and decleared me "sub-fertile" Then I miscarried which was devastating but my doctor says it was encouraging cos at least I can get pregnant, just what I wanted to hear!Anyway 8 months later we were pregnant and I was so scared I was gonna miscarry again and I spent like the whole pregnancy worried yet overjoyed. I constantly thought each day we got thru was a blessing and it still upsets me when I hear of young girls getting pregnant and they dont really care. Some people go thru hell to have babies and kids are out there not being looked after and child abuse, allsorts. Sorry for the big babble on but bubbas asleep so I got a little while. Anyway Im really considering another baby as I dont want it to take as long as this one did! and they say after a baby your very fertile, its funny really cos the name "Rhiannon" means fertility goddess!! what a laugh eh?lol
anyway hope your feeling well and getting plenty rest, till next time take care
How are you going Michelle?

I am new on the block, only joined today. I am curious too on what 2nd labours have been like for others. I have a not so great story to tell. I have a 16 month old very independant little boy. I delivered him in 26.5 hours, but you know it wasn't that bad. Once the labour pains started, they eased a little for a few hours, then came on full swing again. I delivered him naturally and when I saw him the previous exhausting hours were of course insignificant.
I am pregnant with no.2 and 10 days overdue. I have had labour pains for 3 days now but nothing has progressed. I did think that because I had just given birth 16 months before that this baby would come not only on time but that when labour pains started, they would continue and I would give birth...no such luck. It just goes to show, all pregnancies are different. I will pray and hope that you do not go thru what I am going thru...it is just terrible. TJay

TJ, NSW

Sign in to follow this topic