Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

2 very different births!!! Lock Rss

Hi everyone,

Just thought I would share a short little story about the birth of my 2nd child and how totally different it was to my 1st.

With bub 1, my waters broke 1st then 17hours later I started labour. I had a 3rd degree tear with lots of internal tearing, which took 4.5hours of surgery to fix. I had an epidural after vomiting on pethadine and morphine (the midwives advised taking both of these because of the length!).

Bub 2 was due 11.7.07 but came on Wednesday. I started contractions at 10pm after having my show. My contractions quickly developed to be 4minutes apart and painful by 1am so went off to hospital. By the time we got there, I was crowning and had DS 45minutes later, therefore I was unable to have any drugs as there wasn't time. I delivered on the floor as it was too painful to get up on the bed! I cannot describe the pain I felt and the shock my body went through straight after. I had no tearing, just swelling and bruising.

Are there any other people out there like this. I was not expecting such a short labour 2nd time round.
Congrats on the new bub! Sounds like we've had similar labours.

DD1 was induced 12 days over. I vomitted twice during labour. Had epidural. She was delivered with vacuum and I had 3rd degree tearing. Was a 17.5hr labour which included 3hrs of pushing. Difficult and tiring.

DD2 born last week was 5 days over but much easier. I had contractions at 6pm. By 8pm we were at the hospital as they were 5 mins apart and I was 5cm dialated. Then by 9.38pm DD2 was born! No drugs, no tears, just grazing and swelling. Much quicker and easier smile Imagine what the 3rd will be like!

[Edited on 07/07/2007]

Linda ~ DD1: 10/01/06 ~ DD2: 26/06/07

hi girls
its amazing how differt births can be isn't it.

DD1 was a 46 hour labour (she was posterior) first i had the show then mild contractions, then my waters broke and i started contracting strong and regularly so we went to the hospital, after 26 hours in hospital and an epidural she was delivered first attemp was with the vacuum but it fell off so they had to cut me open (6 months to heal) so the doctor could pull her out.
A very distresing labour for both me & DD1.

DD2 I went to emergency with a high temperature and lots of discharge, my waters broke while i was there and labour started 7 hours later with some pethadine DD2 was born, i had 2nd degree tearing.

DD3 i went into mild labour at 4.30am at about 7am the contracions were becoming regular and stronger, at 9.30 we left to go to the hosptal and arrived there at 10.00 they raced me up to the delivery room in a wheelchair got me on the bed and push, my waters broke 3 more pushes and my daughter was born at 10.10am, i also had 2nd degree tearing from her coming out so fast.
it was sooo easy compared to the first

Freaked2002, 3 girls 07/03 09/05 & 06/07

my first 2 were very different, my first I went into labour naturally and 10 hours laters and over 1 hours of pushing she was born only with grazing and bruising.

DD no#2 my waters broke at 1am and were straight way 4 min apart and she was born at 3.25am I had mild tears but alot of blood loss and was VERY weak the pain was alot more intense as well.

I had to have a c-section with DS no#3 so not sure what it would of been like I am hoping for a VBAC this time around so fingers crossed it is nice and easy again for me.

my first was induced with gel labour was 4.5 hrs with gas, peth and epidural. pushed for 10 mins and he was born. Only gazes no tears. My second labour started naturally and 4 hours 20 mins pushing and had peth had a small tear. My third was a very quick labour 45 mins from start to finish no drugs and had 3rd degree tear. still a little traumatised form the experience. Noy wanting to have any more at this stage. I look back and i am amazed at how different they were.
I agree with you yelikyam, my second has definately was traumtic and I'm saying at the moment there is no way I'm having another. Hubby and I always said we would have 3 but after having the 2nd the way I did I just don't think I could go through it again.

Maybe I'll change my mind, hubby wants 3 under 5 but I'm reconsidering waiting til DD#1 is at school before contemplating another. It's scaring me now to be home alone with the two being 18months apart, hubby goes back to work on Wednesday so we'll see how I cope.

Sign in to follow this topic