Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

online birth videos Lock Rss

Hello to you all,
If anyone knows where I can go online to watch free birth videos please help me. I am very interested in watching them, so I have a fair idea of what happens during labour. Please if you can help me please do so!!!!! Thanx

Robinya,WA,7 months pregnant

Wow! You have guts! I would never watch a birth video, during my birth classes i left the room, otherwise i would've demanded a ceaserian. My husband watched my whole birth, I don't know who was more traumatised, but i know that when it was over he ran out and threw up! Sorry, don't wanna scare you but I had a very baddd labour and birth (forceps, big cut, suction thingy, needles galore, argghh!). Hope yours is much better.

Vaccines: Question what you're told...

I'm sorry I don't know if there are any online birth videos. I borrowed some from my library, the hospital and the homebirth support group.

I would like to say I admire your desire to increase your knowledge before you have your child as it is so much easier to make informed decisions when you are informed!!

The birth experience is alsways going to be unique and no matter what you "plan" for it the most important thing to remember is to go with the flow.

My first birth was induced due to pre-eclampsia at 38wks and my second labour started naturally at approx 41.5 weeks. Both labours were quick. For the first I was on my back on the bed (which I found much more comfortable than squatting or on all fours) and my second child was a born underwater in a birthing bath and was the most amazing experience of my life.

The waterbirth was not planned to be as such. Even one hour before my daughter was born I still hadn't decided where I wanted to be when she would be born however I was in the bath when the time came to push the memories I had from watching a water birth video really helped me relax.

I believe that every pregnant woman needs to be as informed as they can be, so that, should complications arise, they can emotionally deal with the issues without allowing fear to control their decisions.

Most importantly you will find your mothering experience to be so much more fulfilling when you can look back on your birth experience as a positive one no matter what choices you make.

Best of wishes for the journey ahead of you and I hope you find the videos you are looking for.

Whataheart - Girls16/1/00, 28/4/05 & 04/09/08

Hi I now where you can find some, but depends on if you want to pay for them of not. Its $2.50 a month I think.

The website is

WWW.BABYCENTER.COM/VIDEOS/

hope this helps you out some, and if you come across any other websites let me know Im also very interested.

Ebony

HELLO TO ALL MUMS AND BUMPS

IF YOU WANT TO WATCH BIRTH VIDEOS, GO TO WWW.BABYCENTER.COM WHERE YOU CAN FIND HEAPS OF INFORMATION or go to WWW.NATIONALGEOGRAPHIC.COM and go to search, birth video...

HOPE THAT HELPS.

Email me or lets have chat for all the mums out there....im also a first time mum and im due on Sept 17....

Cheers

Jen

Jen, deer park Vic

Sign in to follow this topic