Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

pains, please help Lock Rss

I'm 30 weeks pregnant and for the last couple of days I have been getting period like pains, I'm not sure if there Braxton Hicks because I read on this topic and my book said that Braxton Hicks don't hert, it's just tightening around the lower belly, but I have been getting pains like I have got my periods or something I don't know what is going on cause this is my first time, if you could help me please do so . I'm scared and I don't wonna ring my midwife as I don't wonna make a fuss!!!

Thanx

Robinya,WA,7 months pregnant

Hi

I am not 100% sure if this is what you are experiencing but I used to suffer from painful braxton hicks contractions in both pregnancies. They also felt to me like strong period pain. What you can do to ease your mind a little is time them and if they are irregular and far apart then it is most likely not labour.

If you are really concerned, if it were me I would call my midwife just to put my mind at ease that is what they are there for.

Kristi

4 lovely munchkins DD 10/03, DD 03/05, DS 10/06 &

I had uncomfortable BH with my first...painful with my second...and a lot more painful with my third, to the point where they honestly felt no different to actual labour pains! I got the lower back pain, the pressure, the period pain and everything but it was all just BH!

If you are ever worried about anything during your pregnancy ring your doctor or the midwives so they can help you...that's why they are there! You won't know unless you ask.

Best wishes

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Hi lil_missy,

I too experienced painful cramps just last night. I've had Braxton Hicks on a number of occassions but these cramps were much more painful. So painful infact I felt nauseus and dizzy. I am 30 weeks pregnant and I thought I was going into an early labour!! The only reason I didn't call my Obstetrician was because I felt the baby kicking - so I assumed everything was okay. Thank goodness I woke up this morning feeling much better.

If I was to have anymore of these cramps, I will have no hesitation in calling my Obstetrician.
Sign in to follow this topic