Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Labour and Birth
  5. I have a few issues aout my OBB What do I do????

I have a few issues aout my OBB What do I do???? Lock Rss

Hi all.... How are we all feeling?

i need some advice about my OBB;
I was recommended him by one of my friends and lately he seems to be really slacking off.

1. Im 37 weeks and the last 2 times he still thinks im 35 weeks.
2. I keep asking him questions about everything (how my baby is doing, is my weight okay, hows my blood pressure,etc) all he does is smile at me and tell me nothing
3. I found out today that he was meant to do tests on me two weeks ago and didnt even do them.
4. And to top it all off he tells me that after today he is going on holidays till the 23/09. And im due on the 19th.

I think it might be something to do with his old age but i dont like the fact he is being so careless... He said to just see my regular GP till he gets back. Which im really happy about coz he is absolutely fantastic at his job and has been my dr for 7 years.

As for my OBB i dont want him anymore but i only have three weeks to go. Should i explain all this to my GP and see what options he gives me???
Hi there
I would definately talk to your GP about your choices. I am 39 1/2 weeks now and today had my first appointment with a new obs. who due to my blood pressure and other problems booked me in for an induction or c-section tomorrow depending on how the induction goes. I have been having major problems now for weeks and the obs has not helped at all. You definately need to have confidence in the person responsible for something so important.
Fingers crossed you get the help you need from your GP and hopefully they can put your mind at ease.
I would see your GP about getting a referral to another OB. He should be taking better care of you and doing the right tests. The groupB strep isnt that important but its nice toknow if you will need antibiotics or not when in labour. He (or his receptionist) should have let you know that he was going away when you booked him.
if you don't like him then stop seeing him. this is your time and he should be keeping an eye on your progress and keeping up with the correct tests. but yes i would talk with ur gp for sure to see what advice he gives you

thats really horrible.
i think some obs think more about the money they get then they do about there patients.
i no theres a cut off limit for how old obs are to deliver babies but im not sure of the age. something you should look into.

My baby isnt due til the 26th december.
my OB will be on holidays from the 23rd til the 28th but he will still be on call if i do go into labour over that time.
so he will be able to deliver my baby.

like a previous poster said im pretty sur ethe receptionist is spose to tell you that your OB was going to take holidays then. because its strange that he just decides to pack up and go on holiday when he as patients to look after.
usually they bring in a substitute OB but i donno strange
i think id be changing OB of i were you.

Don't panic.

Your baby will come out.
You will have some form of medical care.
You and baby will almost certainly be fine, fine, fine.

You will soon have a beautiful bundle of joy and won't care about your pregnancy, your OB or your delivery.

BUT - see your GP, ditch your OB, speak with people with fantastic stories of delivery, focus on the positive and get informed quickly. Your hospital can help you too. Speak up to the people that matter and get it smoothed out decisively so that you can relax!
Don't panic.

Your baby will come out.
You will have some form of medical care.
You and baby will almost certainly be fine, fine, fine.

You will soon have a beautiful bundle of joy and won't care about your pregnancy, your OB or your delivery.

BUT - see your GP, ditch your OB, speak with people with fantastic stories of delivery, focus on the positive and get informed quickly. Your hospital can help you too. Speak up to the people that matter and get it smoothed out decisively so that you can relax!
OMG thats horrid.

I dont think it has anything to do with the old age thing (although it might) but its more than likely that because he's going away (which you should have had notice for and a good OB would have planned outside of your EDD or given you another OB to see) he's not going to be paid for it. Doctors get paid per delivery, so with you being due while he's away he's not going to put in the effort to give a [email protected] about your care and i say ditch him. Speak to your GP and he may be able to point you towards a good OB and no its never really too late to change doctors especially when there are issues like this.

Sam

So ditch him! Can i ask why you are seeing a OB? you dont have to. most hospitals have midwives clinics and in my opion they are far better and have more expertise in labour and delivery than a bloke who would rather be out playing golf!!

DD 19/10/03 & Trainee Doula

See some one else. If this is what he's like now imagine what it'll be like when your in labour. It will stress you even more, and that is definately not what you need during labour. You need to have confindence in your ob so you can be more confident during your birth.

Lyn, Tianna Shayne & Bryce William

I have ditched the OBB everyone!!!!

I feel alot better about everything and had my first appointmnet back with my GP yesterday he has fixed everything up redone tests gave me a whole heap of medical information that he wants to keep with me day n night. he has concerns though becuse baby is so big with just over 2 weeks to go and is no where near engaged so he wants to see me every four days to monitor me. Me n hubby are so much happier now and it was really the best thing that we have decided on.
Congratulations This is your pregnancy and birth and you need work with someone you feel comfortable with

DD 19/10/03 & Trainee Doula

Sign in to follow this topic