Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Just wondering Lock Rss

Hi all,

I am a 19 year old who is 21 weeks pregnant with her first and egar to know what labour is like. So I was just wondering if anyone has ever said anything they regreted saying while in labour? And how did your partner or whom ever it was directed at take it afterwards?

Ebony

Hi Ebony smile

When we did our parenting classes our midwife told us that it was likely that something would be said that isn't nice, but that parents/support people should understand that it's not personally directed at them.

When I was in labour, DH was being really sweet and giving me words of encouragment, rubbing my back and so forth. I don't know why, but all of a sudden it just annoyed me. I swear I had no control over my own mouth, and I just yelled at him "Bloody hell, can't you shut the **** up for 10 minutes"

I was so ashamed of myself, especially seeing my and his mother were also there, not to mention a midwife. No-one was offended, not even his mum who NEVER swears.
Midwife said I was pretty tame compared to some things she had heard come out of the mouths of women in labour.

I also told DH during labour that we were NEVER having sex again. I think that worried him more than my direct insult wink
Post deleted by administrator.
Sign in to follow this topic