Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Loss and Sadness
  5. Missed abortion .. :-( How do i go on? PART 2

Missed abortion .. :-( How do i go on? PART 2 Lock Rss

As some of you may no i was in a car accident on the 10th of april and found out 6days later i had lost my baby.

I had planned on going through legal process to sue for being in the car accident n lossin the baby... I was angry n upset n very confussed when i read that you's all knew when your babys had passed, i was angry that no one could tell me.

The solicitor got all the reports from the ambulance n hopsital i just recieved a copy in the mail. At the time of the car accident i was about 9-10wks. I just found out my baby was only 7wks n 5days. How could my baby have passed an i not no about it ... :'(

[Edited on 04/06/2008]

Hi
I am so sorry for your loss. It is so hard to lose something that you want so badly. I was told that it is very common to lose the baby and not know about it for a couple of weeks. I had a miscarriage a week ago and I should have been 8 weeks and when they did the scan i was only 6 weeks and there was no heart beat so they told me that i would eventually miscarry and that i would just have to wait until it happened. How are you holding up?

Hi
Im getting there, i have my good n bad days, today is a bad day, i found out that i lost the baby at 7wks n 5days.. i didnt think it was possible to carry a baby that wasnt alive for so long, its brakes my heart, i feel like such a bad person becuase i didnt no.

Did you have to have a D&C?

I am very sorry to hear of your situation. I have had two m/c and one ectopic. The first one I m/c at 11.5wks but the bub apparently died at 8wks, and the 2nd m/c I had at 9wks but it died at 6wks 5days. I was told that sometimes strong hormones can make the body continue to think it is pregnant. In both of my miscarriages I had absolutley no idea that the baby had died. I started with morning sickness and everything, even could have sworn that I felt it flutter for the first time.. I do hope that you recover emotionally and physically from your accident and m/c.
[Edited on 09/06/2008]

i am really sorry to hear about your miscarriage and car accident.

i had 2 m/c that were both "missed" - first one i was 7.5 weeks but bub had died at 6 weeks. Second one i was 9.5 weeks but bub had died at 7.5 weeks. the first one i stopped feeling my preg symptoms about the time the baby died, but the second time i was sure the baby was ok til i started bleeding.

it can take several weeks for your body to reject the pregnancy - and some women don't find out til their 12 week scan.

it would have been a brutal way to find out about the "missed" miscarriage via the solicitors papers....i'm so sorry you had to go thru that.

i know nothing can really ease your pain right now......but if i can provide you some hope....since my 2 miscarriages i've been lucky enough to give birth to 2 healthy children. I still feel sad when i think about the babies i lost, but it does get easier with time.

take care, claire
Hi there

I had a missed miscarriage about 3 years ago.

It was terrible. I found out at 15 weeks and by then I had told all my friends I was pregant. I actaully lost the baby around 6 weeks. My placenta kept growing because my body was fooled that I was still preganent. I never bled and I had abosolutely no idea until they did a regular scan.

The Dr told me that missed miscarriages don't happen very often - he sees about 1 a year.

It will get easier with time, it is very difficult even if you do have children.

I hope everything works out for you in the future.

Jo, SA, Dylan born Dec 05

So sorry to hear about your loss. I have had 3 M/C's, my 3rd was a missed miscarriage. I thought I was 12 weeks and had just attended my first OBGYN appointment. My DH and I were so excited when he sent us for an ultrasound. We had finally made it to the safe point. But when we went in for the ultrasound they said there was no heartbeat and that the baby was only measuring 7wks. I was devestated, I still felt pregnant and I too wondered why I didn't notice. I wish you all the best.

Daniy, VIC

Sign in to follow this topic