Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Heart kids - RIP baby Elias Rss

Well today I found out that one of my DD's teachers from last year's baby passed away over the school holidays. The crazy thing was both our babies were born a few weeks apart and both our babies are heart kids... however.... neither of us knew that we had something every much in common.

Baby Elias had the same operation as my little Immy however never lived to tell the tale... before being a parent of a heart child I never relised just how common congenital heart disease was or how it effected children...

I'm sorry to keep talking about heart kids however I was pretty oblivious to CHD until little immy was diagnosed...

So RIP baby Elias and enjoy playing with all the angels and my thoughts and prayers to mum and dad and please give them enough strength to get through this. I could never begin to imagine the pain they must be going through....

Hope this doesnt come out the wrong way !!

But I cant imagine going through what you yourself and Immy have been through ..much less to go through it and have the bubba not make it out the other end !! ...that is heartbreaking to hear Tam and so far from fair it's not funny ...

wish Elias Mummy and Daddy lots of well wishes ...

I to had no idea how common this was ...doesnt take the seriousnes away knowing it is common ..makes me feel a little nieve !!
Oh that is so terribly sad, I know a mum whose little bubba has heart problems and so far has had two major heart operations and he's not even 1 yet.

Rest in peace sweet baby boy.... my thoughts are with you and your parents who must be heartbroken.
I guess until it happens to you, you never really know... however there are some really interesting facts on the heart kids website... heart disease is the biggest killer of our young babies... from what I am told more than sids yet it is not as talked about as sids... its just so so sad....

Deepest Sympathies to their family and friends, May baby Elias find peace and joy with the angels.

Duffy my love, please don't ever apologise for talking about heart kids!
This is a parenting site - unfortunately kids don't always come to us with a clean bill of health or wellbeing. They do come to us will illness, disease, and disabilities too - But they have one thing in common, They are ALL our kids and we love them regardless.
We should be here to support each other through the hard times as well as to celebrate the good. Sharing the journey helps so many people in so many ways... and shouldn't be apologised for...

Stay strong gorgeous one! I love you Chick!
Thanks Ricki... it means the world...

the poor mother and father, my thoughts are with them.

you must feel very......strange (for lack of a better word) about it with a mix of so many emotions having it being so close to home.
all my love.
aww Tammy love, im so sorry to hear that, how devastating for the family sad

Sending my deepest sympathies hun
xoxox

Posted by: Ricki~3boys~1girl~#5
Duffy my love, please don't ever apologise for talking about heart kids!
This is a parenting site - unfortunately kids don't always come to us with a clean bill of health or wellbeing. They do come to us will illness, disease, and disabilities too - But they have one thing in common, They are ALL our kids and we love them regardless.
We should be here to support each other through the hard times as well as to celebrate the good. Sharing the journey helps so many people in so many ways... and shouldn't be apologised for...

I totally agree with Ricki.. You have nothing to apologise for.. Talk about it as often as you like, we'll never get tired of it.

I'm so sorry about your friends baby. It must be so horrible for them.

you must feel very......strange (for lack of a better word) about it with a mix of so many emotions having it being so close to home.
all my love.

OMG my heart honestly aches for them... they are a young couple and this was there first very much wanted baby.... I feel bad for them... when speaking to dad tonight I honestly didn't know what to say except sorry and how I was thinking of them.... I actually cannot get them out of my head... I am sure they wouldn't wish any harm onto another child however deep down I feel like I have 4 children they only had 1... ifykwim.... and my baby is motoring along...

Dad has left the school as it is just to heart breaking working with children atm... honestly he is an amazing and very caring person... I just hope his guardian angel is watching over him atm to give him the strength to pull through.

sorry i hope that didnt offend you it wasnt meant to.
Posted by: mummytocutties
sorry i hope that didnt offend you it wasnt meant to.

OMG.. no... not offended at all... however what you said is very true... it is to close to home and you just don't know what to say... ifykwim

Sign in to follow this topic